Monday, May 14, 2012

The Week of May 6th, in which...

I caught up on some babysitting for a good friend. Each kid had their own personal play mate! Later on in the week an old friend came to visit from OK. (Hi Shelley!) They also brought kids with matching ages to the mix. I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of us 2 moms hauling 6 kids under the age of 4 to the park. :)




We ate some delicious smores! We try and do something fun on Friday nights with the kids. This usually means we pop popcorn, set up the tent and watch a movie together. This Friday, it meant a special treat. They thought it was pretty cool.



We celebrated Mother's Day. I was pretty beat by Saturday night, so Richie said my Mother's Day celebrations were starting early and he got me set up with a hot bath and a good book. The next morning he surprised me with not one, but TWO pairs of new, cute shoes. I even got to take a nap and didn't have to make dessert for our regular dinner with friends. Richie makes a mean batch of peanut butter brownies. Quick side note about Gwen's dress... It's one of the only items of clothing I've ever had to buy her (thanks to generous friends and family). I saw it at Wal-Mart when I was pregnant with her and knew I just had to buy it. I've been waiting for her to fit into it for 14 months, and when we put her in it on Sunday, she was almost too big for the 18 month dress.

6 comments:

Kayla said...

gorgeous pictures as usual. sure miss you guys. sad that that dress wont fit gwen for long!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

You ALL look so cute! I can see why you liked that little dress for Gwen. And kudos to Rich for taking such good care of you on Mother's Day!

Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Makenna said...

Happy Mothers day to you! thanks for the sweet note :) we are way excited to get baby 2 on the way-it just takes a whole lot of energy.

That rug thing the kids are sitting on-did you blog about that? it looks so cool! you obviously made it :) how did you do it?

can't wait till our kiddos can be closer friends!

Becca said...

Cute post. I hope the next one will talk about when you'll be moving moving, etc... Ben and I lived in East SLC for 3 years and we loved it!

p.s. thanks so much for the sweet note and bath salts for Mother's Day. I love that kind of stuff! Thank you.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Love your rug! Way cute! Love the s'more faces. Glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day!
Knowing Gwen's size, I would have put her into months ago =) - though I've had that happen before forgetting about an outfit, thinking it's meant for when they're bigger and suddenly they're bigger!

Shelley said...

We should have gotten a picture of us taking those kiddos to the part. You are so adventurous. Thank you so much for letting us come! It was so so good to see you and catch up a little. And I just read your most recent post and HOW FUN!!! That must have been so great to have a night to yourselves for FREE! I'm slightly jealous. Maybe on my 10 year anniversary. You guys are so great and I'm so excited for your new adventure coming this fall!!!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...