Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A bit of everything

There is no real calendar milestone coming up for a while, so I knew I wouldn't have a good excuse to blog. The result is a post of pictures with no real connection to one another, but I figured I'd better document the little things we've been doing so that hundreds of years from now, our posterity will know that we did these things. (I'm only slightly sarcastic about that)
The weekend of Valentine's week, my niece Taysom insisted on babysitting for us while we went to go see a movie. She not only watched the kids, but she bought us movie snacks and gave us money to get a treat afterward. Not to mention that when we got home the kids were in bed and the house was clean. Best babysitting ever probably. The following night, we had been planning for weeks to go to a live band dance in Idaho Falls while some of our friends babysat. We rarely go out on "just for fun" dates, so to have 2 in one week was a real treat. We dressed old school, the floor was great for dancing, the band was legit, it was just awesome. Not to mention, we were totally the best dancers there. Not like it was a competition or anything. ;) Wish we would have gotten a picture before we were all sweaty and tired.


Richie got president's day off, so we had a really low-key, but fun family day on Monday. It finally snowed enough and stuck around long enough that we got to do some sledding. Can you believe it was mid-February before we got any sledding in??? I'm telling ya, this year has been so weird, weather wise. We have taken Miles sledding since he was 11 months old and every time, he's scared at first and then warms up to it. This time, we hopped out of the car, he grabbed his blue saucer, and was the first one down, all by himself! I about had a heart-attack when Richie laid Gwen down on the pink one and sent her down after him, all be herself!! No worries Grandmas, it was a small hill and no injuries were sustained. Both kids (and the parents) thoroughly enjoyed themselves, until Miles peed his snow suit and we had to go home. Not before grabbing a quick hot chocolate though, clearly a necessity.




We're getting so sick of having to use the laundromat on the premises to do our laundry. To be fair, we've been sick of it since day one. But we took getting sick of paying for our laundry to a whole new level last week. We noticed two hooks in the ceiling on either side of our bed, and naturally Richie thought..."Hey, I'll bet I could make a clothes line there." So he did, out of clothesline and a wooden dowel. It works surprisingly well, but we can't decide if we are hard-core-geniuses, or Nascar-white-trash. Jury is still out. I already make our own laundry detergent, which saves a lot, now we dry half of our loads above our bed. The only thing left for me to do is get a washboard and wash our clothes in the bathtub. I have seriously considered this. I might be going crazy, someone stop me!!!


I know I've said it before, but I LOVE having family here. Taysom came over the other night for a girls night. With her crazy roommates and my crazy kids, it was nice to forget about them for a little while and just enjoy some "Ever After" and oatmeal face masks. Don't we look so beautiful?

5 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Mmmmm - yummy?
Sounds like life is treating you right! I'm glad Taysom finally got to babysit and did it right!!

We had a clothesline in our backyard when we lived in the duplex. We had a washer and dryer, but we were trying to be frugal. I don't think it lasted very long though. I'm a wimp!

Becca said...

We tried drying everything once too. We lasted about a month. I wasn't a fan of crunchy socks.
I love that you blog about day to day stuff. I enjoy reading what you write and it makes me think I should be blogging more too. :)

Taysom Wallace said...

We look hot!!! :) I love you!

Taysom

Unknown said...

You guys are just too much fun! I wish we were having another Garner reunion soon. It's been too long...;)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

So what does that oatmeal thing do for you anyway? I love oatmeal.....but not on my face.

My favorite thing about this post is ALL the BEAUTIFUL smiles!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...