Friday, February 18, 2011

Big Reveal??

I was all excited to do a "big reveal" of the kid's room once I got around to doing everything I was planning on. Curtains, painting, shelves etc... And then I had a conversation with the owner the other day that went something like this:

Owner: "It's not a for sure thing, but we may have an offer on someone who wants to buy this place and if the offer goes through, they would want to bring in their own managers."

Me: "Oh! That stinks, when would that all happen?" (In my head I'm thinking probably in about a year, since that would coincide perfectly with all the plans Richie and I have wishfully made)

Owner: "Probably about the end of March. I didn't want to just give you 30 days notice or anything, so I thought I'd let you know now."

Me: *stunned silence, with plastered smile on my face. My thoughts however are going a million mph, and I'm thinking... Oh how nice of you to give us 40 days notice instead of 30, you're a peach. I'm also thinking, you've got to be kidding me??? End of March? That's probably the worst timing on the face of the planet considering that's about the exact time little bundle of joy is coming.

Me: "Oh ok, that's really bad timing. Do we know if this is going to happen for sure?

Owner: "Yeah I know the timing isn't ideal, isn't that when your baby is due? Well, let me know if we can do anything for you guys! I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything." And he leaves.

Me: Immediately call Richie, tell him what's going on. I think the only thing either of us said on the phone were things like, "well....ok then." and "Hmmmmmm."

I guess we just needed a reminder that we're not totally in charge here. :) We can make all the plans we want, but ultimately....

SO, we'll keep you posted. But until we hear anything, any more plans for doing fun things in the kid's room is on hold. However, I did finish the new quilt for Miles's bed, and I must say, it's fabulous. It turned out exactly like I had pictured in my mind. And it makes the room so much more bright and cheery. Not too girly or boyish, perfect for a shared room. At least that's what I think. :)



So here's the "big reveal" for now. The furniture is moved around etc so this is about half way to where I wanted it to be.

Before:


After: Imagine with cute curtains over the window



Before:

After: Imagine this with cute curtains covering the mess


Before:

After: Imagine with some sort of mural of big graphic above the crib and a mobile



Before:



After: Instead of just the one little picture, there should be a long shelf across this wall with all the previously hung pictures sitting on it and all the old books etc I've collected for the room. Oh and the entire room should be painted a light yellow.

8 comments:

Becca said...

So, what does that mean? Is it a guarantee that the new owners would make you move out? We moved last year a few weeks before I was due. You don't have to lift any boxes, but it is still a pain.

Your quilt is really cute.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry! That is so stressful. :( I hope you can figure something out fast, and I know how hard it is to find somewhere to live up there. My sister had that problem last Spring. Hang in there!

The Wallace Family said...

Ugh! Isn't this roller coaster we call life a pain sometimes.

Adrienne said...

Rach - that makes me sick to my stomach! I know things will work out for you in the end, but this time of worry is crazy... I loved the quilt and the room and all the amazing things you do to beautify your lives and be creative. I truly admire you! I will be anxious to know what happens. We love you guys!
Adrienne

Makenna said...

well, maybe you'll have to move in with mom and Dad Garner, then you'll have lots of help :) but your sweet little home that you've worked so hard to create will be left in Idaho! :( jerks. well, I guess they probably work quickly with business deals too, gosh, I am going to be praying that it doesn't go through!!!!!!!!

Katie said...

Well dangit!! Moving when pregnant stinks, but your quilt and furniture are soooo cute! I'll be praying that things work out for you guys!

Shelley said...

Oh my goodness! Don't go into labor early with the stress! We will help with whatever and just so ya know there are openings in our apartment!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Well...you know what they say about best laid plans. What DO they say? I wish I knew what to say! You will be in our prayers, and I know things will work out.

I'll bet Miles loves the quilt! It reflects his fun personality, as well as that of his mommy and daddy. It will look cute in his "new" bedroom too, wherever that turns out to be.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...