Sunday, January 9, 2011

Bring it on 2011

2010 was a somewhat low key year for us. We didn't have any more children, we didn't change jobs, we didn't start or finish a degree at school etc. We enjoyed just settling into our roles and becoming comfortable in this area. From what we can guess, 2011 isn't going to be anything like 2010. We are going to have a new addition in the family and a major job change, hopefully... So already we feel anxious, but we also feel confident because we are armed with our faith and with determination. I thought about doing a recap of this past year for a post. So in preparation, I browsed through all the posts from this last year. I quickly decided not to pursue such a re-cap post. Why do you guys read this thing anyway? I found myself getting thoroughly bored in some stretches and tiring of my writing. So why would you want to re-read everything I already wrote? huh?? You can thank me later for not putting you through that, and now we're on to a fresh start and a fresh post!

We started off the new year properly by going sledding! It took Miles a while to actually enjoy it, but he did eventually, and I enjoyed staying at the top of the hill as the pregnant cheerleader. :) We came home and had tomato soup, toasted cheesers and hot chocolate, which is exactly what we did and ate the first time I met Richie's family during that Christmas break, minus the pregnant part. Good times.



It's also time for another belly shot. Why you ask? Well, some people may see this picture and think, "Woah! She must be due any day now!" C'mon, I know you're thinking it. Plenty of people already say it to my face in some form or another. I'm over it.



Unfortunately, you'd be wrong if that was your first thought. It's time for another belly shot because today I'm officially 30 weeks along! For those of you at home doing the math, that means I only have 10 weeks left! Which means I'm due practically any day now right? Which means...I need to get the house clean and keep it spotless, and sew a bazilion things and freeze some meals and on and on and on. Nesting and I have a love/hate relationship.

5 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

You are adorable and I LOVE reading your posts! By the way, what are toasted cheesies or whatever you called it?

Rachel said...

grilled cheese sandwhiches. :) Richie introduced me to calling them "toasted cheesers" and I guess it stuck.

The Wallace Family said...

I'm so jealous that you guys got to go sledding! Missouri still hasn't seen snow :( I'm crossing my fingers that it comes soon! I agree with my Mom, I always look forward to reading your posts :) and they are definitely not boring! Love ya!
Taysom

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun way to start the new year. How did you get back down the hill? I ask because it took me a second on how I was going to get down. Eventually I went down on my bum. =D

I don't think you look like you're due any time, maybe because I look just as far as you and I'm 24.5 weeks! I look at myself and say I look like I should be at least 30 something weeks along. Plus this baby is so much more active earlier than James so I keep thinking I'm farther than I am too.

Jill Dees said...

I keep peeking in at you guys. Miss you and hope things are going well. What is the job change? Will that require you to move?

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...