Friday, January 21, 2011

Am I really ready for this??

If it were up to Richie, the day after finding out we were pregnant with Gwen, she would be here. I, on the other hand, am so relieved there are still 8 weeks left. Even though I had to do a 9 point turn in bed last night just to switch sides, even though I had to ask Richie to buckle my shoes the other day... I am glad there's still some time left. I have had so much more anxiety over having baby number 2 than with baby number 1. Normal??? I've decided it's because I have an accurate idea of what's coming. No sleeping, blow outs, can't-get-her-to-stop crying fits etc. Not to mention the part where it kind of hurts to do the whole labor and delivery thing.

Miles has come down with another case of croup already. If you remember correctly, we are a broken record over here apparently and just did this in early December. It is no where near as bad this time, thank goodness, and hopefully it subsides quickly. Until then we're doing lots of bundling up and going outside in the snow to breathe the cool, strike that, freezing air, especially at all hours of the night. I mention this because while it was hard and not ideal to be up at 2, 3, 4, and then finally 7ish, every time he cried "mommy" from his room, I couldn't get there fast enough. I wanted to be by his side immediately and he would hold my hand or stroke my hair while he tried to fall asleep, or we'd bundle up and head outside to get some cool air and he would snuggle right into me. Oh it was wonderful.

So while there may be lots of "scary" things coming my way with the arrival of a new baby, I just have to keep reminding myself how wonderful it will be!! A full time cuddler, those sweet baby sounds and coos, and watching her learn something new every day.

But just so we're clear...I'm still glad there's 8 weeks. :) Our house is so organized. I've cleaned out
*The cupboard above the computer
*The laundry room
*Taken at least 5 boxes of misc stuff to the DI
*Gone through all recipes and recipe books
*Spruced up the blog
*Completely switched up Miles's room. I'd post pictures, but I want to do a "big reveal" once I get some things sewn and painted.
*I've also washed and organized all of the wonderful little girl clothes we have for Gwen about a million times.

I'll be hiring out for a short time if anyone has any organizing they'd like done. This nesting thing is powerful and I guarantee a clean house. I charge a bazillion dollars an hour. Thanks.

9 comments:

Becca said...

I know what you mean. Every time I'm pregnant I'm more nervous than the time before. I think it does have to do with knowing what it really takes to have a baby and what your future holds for the next few months after they are born. You are the 'nesting' queen! I'll probably be calling you...I don't know what to get for baby Gwen!

Becca said...

I totally know what you mean, but you'll be a FABULOUS mother of two. I know, because you're already a FABULOUS mother of one. And the transition isn't as scary as it seems. You already know what you're doing. :)

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Wowsers! I admire your tenacity and energy, especially since you are so far along. It seemed as though all my energy was sucked out of my body by week 30 of my pregnancies. Good for you!

The Wallace Family said...

haha! when I find a bazillion dollars, I'll let you know :)

Taysom

Amanda and Shaye Scott said...

Rach--four things: 1) you are such a great Mom, (2) I love your cute blog and all of your candid posts, (3)I can't wait to meet little Gwen, (4) Exec Sisters 4 Life! :)

The Wallace Family said...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, you are ready for this :) Gwen is one lucky little girl.

Adrienne said...

Ditto - oh, and I love you guys!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Loved this post! Doesn't a clean home feel...grand?! I think little Gwen is just very blessed to be coming your way! Hope Miles is doing much better by now!

Lot's of love to you all!

Shelley said...

I'm so excited for her to get here! Eight weeks will go fast :) Way to go on all the projects! Too bad I cant aford your services, lol. Im glad Miles is doing better, that is not fun for him or you.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...