Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Fun Little Projects

Any news kind of pales in comparison to finding out you're having a little girl, so I haven't found much lately that's post worthy. But for the sake of posting, I figured I'd show you some really cheap, fun little projects that keep my nesting hands busy these days.

I decided to make all our Christmas tree ornaments by hand this year. I don't know why. But I wanted it to remain super simple, which is great since there's no way to justify buying new ornaments! Everything I'm planning on putting on the tree will probably cost us maybe $10 at the most. That includes hand made paper ornaments, cinnamon ornaments, strung popcorn, and a new tree skirt! Here's some snowflakes made of cardboard tubing and those fuzzy pipe things. Can't remember the word. Not being able to remember words has been extremely difficult and frustrating this pregnancy. Anyway, I found the idea in Family Fun magazine last year!

Here's some cool looking ball ornaments made out of old book paper and cardstock. You just cut the paper into circles, fold them in half, glue 1 side to another and then stick a ribbon in the center before gluing it shut! Easy! Found the idea on a blog. The lady does a whole series of hand-made ornaments. Pretty cool stuff.


These I made for Fall/Thanksgiving. Miles and I kept finding the most awesome leaves on our outings, so we dried them, then glued them onto old book paper (I'm a little smitten with the whole book paper craze right now) and put them in some old frames hanging around. I also found this idea on some blog. I'm a very good copy-catter. Do you have any projects I could copy cat?



And just for fun, here's Miles. I guess his movie wasn't as entertaining as usual one morning and when I came out of the bathroom from getting ready for the day, this is how I found him. We've also had similar experiences with syrup. So much fun right?

6 comments:

One Opinionated Housewife said...

That picture made me laugh, and I am glad that you had a good sense of humor about the peanut butter incident.

Becca said...

Every year I keep telling myself that I'm going to do a 'tree of sweets' theme. I bought the snowflakes and candy canes and your mom made the gingerbread men for me last year, so I need to just make the rest. I plan to do popcorn and gumdrops on a string, cinnamon dried apple slices and cinnamon sticks tied up with ribbon. Maybe, this year I'll finally get around to it.

Shelley said...

Pipe cleaner :) I love the peanut butter picture. I still think he was trying to be like Pooh Bear. That is exactly how he eats the honey. He is one cute kid! I also love the ornaments. Can't wait to see your tree :)

Makenna said...

that kid is crazy . . . i sure love him :) I love that "I got caught!" look! you are so ambitious with those ornaments!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Daddy laughed out loud and insisted I "come now" to see that picture of Miles! He's a classic!

Loved the pressed and mounted fall leaves! Very artistic!

The Wallace Family said...

Cute Cute and Cute!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...