Thursday, August 12, 2010

Rocking Chair

I finally took before and after pictures, as well as pictures of the process throughout! I'm not an expert on painting furniture, I just kind of wing it, but I'll tell you what I did in case you want to do something likewise.
First my sister helped me sand it down with sandpaper and our disc sander. Then we wiped it down with wet cloths, let it dry and then primed it with some extra white paint we had lying around. After the 1 coat dried, I painted it with the blue paint I bought to paint the chair. I had to do 2 coats of the blue to get a nice even texture. Then I rubbed some stain on it. Not everywhere, just here and there to give it more dimension. After the stain dried, it sat in the office area for a few days while I tried to get enough motivation to finish it. This step is very important. :) Then I used sand paper and the disc sander to rough it up a bit. I think I roughed it up more than I originally planned, but it was like a drug, I just kept sanding. Then I sprayed a light coat of sealer over the whole chair and let it dry! All done! It really looks old school now. I love it!





3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

That's a lot of work to go to, and it looks like you did a good job. Very authentic! I hope it's comfortable, and lasts you through several little ones!

The Wallace Family said...

It looks awesome!!! :) You are definitely extremely creative!

Taysom

The Wallace Family said...

Okay - now come paint mine!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...