Monday, August 9, 2010

Crosbys in Idaho

My sister Jenn was driving from Missouri to take her two eldest and their friends to EFY up here at BYU-Idaho. So my mom, my sister Adrienne and her kids decided to make the trek up here also to make it a real vacation for us all. I feel so special that family came to visit us! Not the other way around. Wow! We loved having everyone here so much and I'm still on family jet-lag, if you will, missing everyone I mean. We tried to pack as much as we could into the time we had. And since we all know I'm no good at lining pictures up with captions, I'll just let you figure it out. While they were here we went to the splash park, went to our new favorite place in Eastern Idaho- warm slough. A bend near Henry's Fork in the Snake River. It's perfect for wading, swimming, roasting mallows and hot dogs. We also ate at the famous Big Jud's, fed the bread fish, showed off Mesa Falls, watched Pride and Prejudice (just the girls), showed off my family at church, played games, stayed up late etc. You know, the usual Crosby stuff. :) Once the major part of the crew left for SG to entertain the rest of the family down there (whom we dearly missed) Jenn and I got some good one on one time, which was so fun. She's one cool chica and the best dish washer I know. Thanks again Jenn! She even was brave enough to help me start a project I've been putting off FOREVER. We got a hand-me-down rocker from some friends and I hated the way it looked. Function was great, but it needed some sprucing up. Pictures to follow. Of course we didn't see Tay and Tuck as much as we would have liked, but they had a blast at EFY from what I hear and it sounds like miss Tay is planning on coming to school here in one year after she graduates. Richie and I will still be here and we're SO excited to have her close by!!! As always, it's nice to get back to your routine, but it already seems like forever ago that I saw everyone and I'm ready for another get together. Who's in???
Don't forget to scroll down at the end of this post. There's another one. Surprise!









4 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

I feel like a month has already passed... is that what driving for 20+ hours does??? I'm in for another get together in Idaho, but I might splurge and take a plane :) I can't wait to see pictures of the rocking chair all done. Thank you for such a wonderful trip. I loved being able to spend a little time with the Garners. And what a treat to be able to see most of the Lambs and Mom too. I am in awe of my little sisters!!!

P.S. I miss my daily honey toast.

The Wallace Family said...

I'm in for another family get together! :)

Taysom =]

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Little children make driving so difficult, otherwise I would be down for getting together again. Jo is not a good traveler, AT ALL! So in about 2 years, life will be much easier, thus allowing for some fun road trips.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

We had such a wonderful time with you! I will get around to posting my pictures soon.....I think. Hope you and Richie both know how grateful we are. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...