Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Best Craft EVER!!!

I found this idea for a wreath while I was doing some blog-stalking and when I realized how easy it was, I knew it had to do it. It cost me all of $0 and I did it in about 1.5 hours while watching THE BIGGEST LOSER last night. Go Sam and Koli!! There are tutorials for all sorts of different kinds on the internet, but for mine, I just cut a wreath shape out of an old cardboard box. Then I got an old book we had (sorry "Encyclopedia of World Religions" I just knew I would never sit down and read you) and tore a bunch of pages out, and cut them in half horizontally. Then I squished them into little poofs, for lack of a better word and hot glued them to the card board! After that, I took a lighter to the edges of some paper to make it stand out a bit more. All I need to do know is hot glue some ribbon on the back, and hang it! I would show you that picture, but for now, that wall is just white, so it doesn't stand out like I would like it to. Eventually, I'm going to paint our room green! yahoo!


We also (in no particular order) attended our good friend Megan's birthday party, played at the park, got sick, and Miles picked up piano playing with his rear. Such a talented little boy.



6 comments:

Makenna said...

Those big blue eyes in the sick picture just melted my heart! hope you're feeling better! The wreath idea is one I'd like to try, but I'm not sure I can do it. They have this peacock at Anthropologie made out of newspaper/books pages and its AMAZING! But see, you can make your house look like its from Anthropologie without spending a single dime! :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Fun wreath. Talented Miles!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I love reading your blog.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Nice, nice, and nice. Nice.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Looks like fun! Hope Miles is feeling better!

Becca said...

It would be kind of cute to do something like that with vintage fabric.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...