Saturday, June 6, 2009

I'm glad I love living a normal life, otherwise, this last week would have been BORING!

Yeah, this last week we just did regular stuff, but it was a great week nonetheless!
Monday: We planted a very small garden in these buckets by our door. In one bucket we planted tomatoes, in the other, green peppers. We also planted some cucumbers and sunflowers next to the fence across from our door. We really wanted to do a big garden, but, no can do. The issue was, "Ok, do we practice self-reliance even though "the garden" wouldn't be extremely fruitful and it would end up costing us more then we reap?" We decided to practice being self-reliant. One day we'll have a fabulous garden.

I also went to the Dentist! (Sorry, no pictures, I thought that might be weird) Richie did have an appointment, but had to cancel last minute. This is our big anniversary present to each other. :) Since we don't have dental insurance, but need to get our teeth cleaned, we decided that would be our big splurge to celebrate our 2 years together! We're going to have a lot more to smile about so I guess we'd better be ready!

Something we've been trying to do since Miles was born is go on a weekly date, and we switch off planning the dates for each other. This Friday was my turn. I've got it easy because all Richie wants to do is frisbee golf, so we made homemade pizza, went to the park to "frolf" and came back and watched a movie.
On Friday, after much effort, Miles figured out how to roll over!! Wahoo!! I never thought that something so small could be so exciting! But even more exciting than that...I know hard to beat, but even more exciting than rolling over, Miles slept through the night again last night! That makes 3 time he's slept for 8 hours in a row. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
Ahhh, life is good.

2 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Enjoying the journey - You guys rock!!!

McKenna said...

I'm glad Miles is doing so good with sleeping. It's a wonderful feeling to wake up in the morning and count the hours of sleep you got. Hope he keeps the habit!

I love that you guys still make a point to have dates. It makes life so much fun. I also LOVE your cute garden.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...