Friday, June 12, 2009

Dear Journal

Dear Journal,
Yesterday was the craziest day. After I was such a good boy and slept for 9 hours, I was still punished. What more do they want from me? Mom and I left early in the morning and she took me to a building I knew I had been to before, because as soon as we walked in, a deep sense of foreboding entered my soul; an unwelcome, yet familiar feeling. We stepped into a large room with lots of people waiting, and a man kept whistling at me. Yeah right, like I'm going to smile for such little effort. People are always in my face trying to get a reaction out of me. Every once in a while, when I feel someone is sufficiently worthy, I'll appease the masses with a smile, perhaps a giggle. Mom says they would even bug me when I was still in her tummy! How over-anxious!
Eventually a lady called us into another room where they weighed me. I'm happy to say I'm growing well and am now almost 17 pounds, 25 and 1/2 inches, and still have a larger than average head, to house my larger than average brain. Women kept coming up to me and commenting on my rosy cheeks and made me feel so safe. I was almost asleep in my mother's arms, when THEY came in. Two women, equipped with needles, band-aids and the most sorrowful looks on their faces. It all came back to me. "I know what they're plotting to do!" I thought to myself. As they laid me on the sanitary paper, I pleadingly looked into the nurses eyes as if to say "No, not again! Not me!!" It didn't seem as if my dashingly good looks were going to be enough to get me out of this one, so in haste, I grabbed one of the nurses fingers with my hand. She paused momentarily,"Oh! What a sweet baby!" she said. I thought I had won, and then......OUCH!!! They did it! They poked me 3 times in my chubby legs as my own flesh and blood held them down. How could she? The nurses realized the pain they had caused me and ran out of the room with their tails between their legs, so to speak. Good riddance!
My mom picked me up, and spoke soothing words to me. I was immediately calmed and by the time we walked out of that awful place, I was fast asleep. I'll write more later when I'm not busy eating or pooping.
Sincerely,
Miles

Miles flashing gang signs

Miles and his first try with cereal. Doesn't his face make him look fatter than just almost 17 pounds? :) Love that boy.

5 comments:

Michelle Pingel said...

I loved this post! You are so funny! He is getting to be such a big boy. Don't worry our kids have larger than average heads too!

McKenna said...

Wow Miles, that sounds like a terrible day. Lucky for you, you have a mommy and daddy that love you SO much. It sounds like you are doing an awesome job at sleeping. I know your mother appreciates this very much. Can't wait to hear your next journal entry.

The Wallace Family said...

I am so impressed that you're already keeping a journal, Miles! I love your writing style!!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

Dear Miles,

I am so happy to hear that you were such a delight for your mother during your terrible ordeal the other day. You sound like a very brave young man.

Becca said...

I loved this post so much I had your parents read it! They loved it too!!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...