Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Need a Laugh?


While maybe not totally appropriate, this comment made my day the other day, so if you need a laugh, hope this helps! Remember these are 6 and 7 year olds.
So in my class the other day, we had a science lesson on classifying different kinds of animals. We read through a big book that talked about mammals, amphibians, reptiles, birds, fish and insects. As we read new information, I recorded it on the board. After we got through the whole book, we reviewed what we had learned and I asked the children to share anything else they knew about that type of animal so we could add it to our list. When we got to mammals we reviewed the facts that mammals are covered with hair or fur and that they feed their babies milk. One little boy, who is very smart, raised his hand and said,
"Well, I know something else about mammals."
To which I replied, "Ok, tell us what you know."
Student: "Well about mammals feeding their babies milk... it comes from the boobies!"
.........
He said it so matter of factly that it was SO hard not to burst out laughing!! He kept a serious face until two little girls started giggling about it, then I quickly moved on so as not to have to give a sex-ed lesson the next day. :)

3 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Kids say the darndest things! :)

*MARY* said...

100% true

sam said...

Hahaha, that did make me laugh! What a funny kid, I would love to sit in on one of your classes someday! Love ya rach.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...