Friday, August 29, 2008

Back to School!

Richie still has another week or so until he starts, but I have officially started my student teaching!! I am in the first grade with an amazing teacher! I have a lot to learn from her and we get along fantastically so far.
These little first graders are so dang cute and take so much patience! "Bless their hearts!" It's interesting being in a classroom where the day's activities are dictated by the bladders and mouths of 22 6 year olds (and one pregnant student teacher:). I can't believe how many times we take bathroom breaks and there are still kids that need to go!!!
So far I have learned all of the student's names and learned things about them, been volun-told to teach music to all first graders in the month of November because I pay the piano, learned 2 different songs to teach the days of the week and made one child cry for making him go to the back of the line. I wanted to laugh, but didn't...
Some of my favorite comments so far have been,
* "If I wear pink, I won't get breast cancer"
*"If you breathe in smoke from a fire, you loose 12 months of your life"
*"You have to make sure you tie your shoes when the fire alarm goes off or else the fire could catch your shoe-lace and go all the way up!"
I apologize for the lack of pictures, but I will post the cover of my favorite book I have read so far in class. The other "Fancy Nancy" books I've read are fabulous, and I think this one is fairly new and it's called "Fancy Nancy, Bonjour Butterfly". If you haven't read them or heard of them, I highly suggest checking them out.

6 comments:

Zadi said...

ya go Rachel and Richie!

The Wallace Family said...

Rach, You have to keep a journal of all of the cute sayings you hear so you can publish a book sometime!! I love it---

Becca said...

Good luck with everything. :)

*MARY* said...

Listen to those kids Rachel they know what they're talking about.
That's why I never wear shoes with laces and always wear a little pink.

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I love it! Wouldn't it be nice to be innocent like them again?

sam said...

Oh, I've read the books. In Christensen's when I was bored. They rock. That Nancy is quite the character.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...