Sunday, June 13, 2021

Girl's Trip to Sedona

 My mom has always wanted to go to Sedona, Arizona to check out the renowned art scene there.  A few weeks ago, my sisters contacted me and said we were going to make it happen. Natalie and Becca couldn't make it so that was a bummer, but we still had such a great time. I'm so grateful Richie pushed me to do it! I lean heavy into that practical side most times, and Richie convinced me that the money wasn't that big of a deal and we could make everything work just fine. 

It required me taking a flight from Boise to Las Vegas, then my dad picked me up in Vegas and drove me to St. George. I grabbed a quick sandwich then we got in the car for the 5ish hour trip to Sedona. But 5 hours felt like nothing-Mom, Adrienne, Jenn and I just talked and talked the entire way. No music necessary. Richie took care of the kids Friday, Saturday and Sunday, then his parents drove up all the way from SLC to watch the kids on Monday! When the trip was done, I carpooled back up to Nampa in the back of Dad's truck. Mom and Dad brought buckets and buckets of old corn and wheat from Grandma Crosby and wanted to come check out the place. Having this uninterrupted talk time first with my Dad, then with the girls, then with my parents was really one of the highlights of the trip. How often does that happen as an adult? 


Highlights of the quick weekend trip to Sedona (besides simply talking): 

*The Vermillion Cliffs and really just the scenery the entire way there and in Sedona itself. Really can't think of many more beautiful drives Ive ever taken. 

*Eating yummy food everywhere including a vegan eatery a friend recommended. The food really was yummy, but the atmosphere topped it all. It was straight out of a movie. Hippie to the max. We were all content just to sit and people watch.

*Loved checking out the art scene with Mom. A popular venue, Tlequepaque, was hard to find parking for. We circled spots for at least 30 minute before finding one, and when we did we celebrated and it was hilarious. 

*We watched the sunset over Sedona (gorgeous) up by their airport road, which is apparently the location of a healing vortex. I guess those are big in Sedona too, along with crystals and physic readings, aura pictures, and alien sitings. 

*We took a fun trolley tour of the area and did a little touristy shopping.


We all agreed we waited too long to do this, and committed to doing more girl's trips in the future. It's always hard to pull these things off, but it's always worth it! I sure love my Mom and Sisters something fierce!




























No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...