Sunday, November 4, 2018

2nd half of October

As soon as we found out this baby is a boy, I had Richie pull out the first box of girl's clothes so I could sort them and get them ready to sell! I've been so incredibly antsy to get some of the clothes out of here. They are taking over the house! And yes, when I started pulling outfits out and remembering our girls in them, knowing that we weren't going to have another girl to dress in them...I admit it, I got a little teary eyed and melancholy about it all. About this phase ending, everything. And when I went to sell the clothes at Kid2kid, I saw this adorable little girl's dress and thought I'll buy it for future use, and then got a little sad thinking that there would be no more little girls of my own that size to dress. Lots more emotions than I was expecting!


We hit up the Scarecrow festival at Thanksgiving Point again this year. Perfect weather, easy outing...It's a win every time!


We made a quick trip down to St. George to be with my family, and took a ridiculously small amount of pictures. It's so nice to be able to stop at Cove Fort and visit with my Mom and Dad a bit each way. Mom made the girls (and has since made Miles) their very own crocheted hats. Lucky kids! And Miles always looks forward to playing a card game (usually skip-bo) with my Dad. The highlight lately though, has been this little travel sized, electronic Yahtzee game. That and the M&M "machine", they can't wait to get their hands on those!


We hiked around the Dixie rock one morning. Perfect weather, and the kids had such a blast. We tried our best to get a family selfie, and failed miserably.


We visited with my Grandma Crosby and picked some of her yummy pomegranates.



Hit up the super cool dinosaur park with Aunt Jenn. (who knew they would have the water feature still going in October!! The kids got soaked)


We also got to see my nephew George play in his football game at Dixie (brought back some fun memories), kids had a sleepover at the Lambs, had a yummy Sunday dinner and spent time talking with all of my siblings. It was a fabulous break from the regular grind.

Found Benson asleep like this one day for quiet time.


And like this another night.


Helping the kids frost Halloween sugar cookies and make "spooky lights" as Benson called them. He got quite the kick out of them!


The older 2 have been doing a space unit with their Canyon Grove school. Which meant that every Thursday during nap time, I had to be in Pleasant Grove and try to keep these 2 entertained. We spent some quality time checking out their D.I. and I even took them out to lunch one day and we ate it at this pond near the school. Here is Lindy, diligently doing her big sister duties to try and help Benson look at the camera.


Best.Feeling.Ever. Whew! Got done with canning and then tidied up the storage room. It should look amazing for a month or so, then I'm sure I'll need to shuffle things around again. All of that free, organic, home grown, fast food! Yeah, it's one of my favorite sights. I don't think it will ever get old.


Introducing our kids to another classic, "Aresnic and Old Lace". I'm surprised by how well it kept their attention. It's black and white, and rather long. But they did pretty well.


Raking leaves at Grandma and Grandpa Garner's house. We were celebrating Grandpa's birthday that day, and the kids were trying to be sneaky and do some birthday service for Grandpa. But he found out when he came to call them for dinner and they played in the leaves a bit together. Which I thought was so tender. After dinner etc, the cousins all played together really well on their living room floor. We will all really miss these Sunday dinners together with the James family when we move up to Idaho. Makes my heart ache a bit.


Another bathroom selfie. Because I got a new dress. And because I don't want this baby to feel undocumented just because it's #5!


Someone in our neighborhood found a bunny wandering around and called to see if it was ours. We said no, and they said, "Well...do you want it?" It cracked us up. We took it, and look at how cute he is!! We're hoping to breed him and get some lop ear bunnies soon!


Benson had a rough week that last week of October. On Thursday he fell out of a shopping cart at the D.I. On Friday he fell down a window well at a friend's house. On Saturday he fell down the stairs with Lindy, which resulted in a fractured wrist. We waited till Monday to take him in and they put a splint on him, which he hated. It was hard to keep it on him. On Friday, they did an official cast. On Saturday, he popped that sucker right off. Luckily, they will recast it for free, but we have to wait till Monday again, to avoid high fees at the Insta care. We tried to re-splint it, and he just destroys whatever we come up with. So we're just crossing our fingers he doesn't have another fall or something that will make it worse, until we can get into the doctor. Kids keep things exciting!


Pumpkin carving! It's always more stressful than I think it's going to be. Benson had a dinosaur carved, Lindy chose the biggest pumpkin and wanted a super scary face, Gwen wanted a sugar skull, and Miles carved his own. They were thrilled with the results.


We tried to meet up with a friend at a park after getting our school work done for the day. We rushed to finish, snagged a pizza on the way over, and then found out they couldn't make it. It wasn't so bad. Despite the cold, the kids had the playground to themselves and had a blast. I loved that Miles and Gwen were not only capable of helping Benson navigate everything, but seemed to find real joy in it. Parenting win!









No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...