Monday, June 11, 2018

The rest of May

To end Lindy's Joy school year, we went on a field trip to Wheeler Farm! The weather made it so pleasant. It's always a fun, free outing!


I turned 32! To celebrate We got dinner from Costa Vida, and the kids made me a cake! Nothing particularly magical happened on my birthday, but it was such a lovely day!


Uncle Jacob came to sleepover! We get to be closer to him this summer before he moves to Iowa for med school, so we're trying to soak up all the uncle time we can.



Richie tamed our trees. We'd really like to chop a couple of the cottonwoods down, but they are too close to neighbors houses to do it ourselves, and we can't fork out the small fortune it costs to have it professionally done, so Richie rented a special gadget and spent nearly all day taming our canopy out back. The internet is working better now, thanks to our hard working man!


Pretty Garden/flowers/produce!


Gwen had her last dance recital of the year, and Lindy's tumbling class participated at the beginning so it was her very first! I was nervous to see how she'd handle being on stage. To the trained eye, I could see a lot of nervous energy coming from her on stage, but overall she did so well! She was ridiculously excited about actually being in the recital after years of watching Gwen perform and cheering her on from the audience. Before they started, I went backstage to snap a couple of pictures. I said, "Get together and smile!" This is what I got:


So then I asked Lindy to smile normally, and this is what I got:


So then I suggested that we take some individual shots, so that Gwen would have at least 1 non-goofy picture of her:


And then I told Lindy I'd get some individuals of her, and to smile nicely. This is what I got:


Last Official Homeschool group day of the year to "This is the Place" park. The end of our history curriculum this year left us with the 49ers. So it was fun to practice panning for gold and to get an idea of what pioneer life was like. Benson wore me out. Maybe it's just his age...I'm hoping he calms down a little bit. Please help him calm down a little bit! It's impossible for him to stay in once place long, especially when it's a new exciting place. And he's a runner, so I've always got to have 1 eye on the three oldest, and 1 eye just for Benson. It was a really wonderful outing, and I was really tired when it was done. :)



Memorial Day! We started the day off at the Blufdale cemetery to "say hello" to Matthew and Karl and Helen. Then Richie had the idea to go up to the SLC cemetery to visit the grave of my Hinckley grandparents. We had no idea of the scope of the SLC cemetery. It's gigantic! And without super specific directions, we ended up wandering around for about an hour, until we were all tired and defeated. To salvage what was supposed to be a family history activity, we stopped at my grandparent's old home on 12th avenue (and Richie reluctantly took a picture in front! I checked and no one was home, but he was still uncomfortable :) ) And then we went and ate at Litza's Pizza. I have wanted to eat here ever since we moved to the valley. I remember my parents telling me that it was a favorite of my Grandpas. Although the pizza was yummy, it was expensive and the service was reeeeeally slow. So I spent about 45 minutes walking around with Benson before we ate. Ha! Oh man, sometimes we try to create these special memories, and...it's doesn't end up the way you think it should.

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...