Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Annual Book List

Instead of a one-by-one review of the books I was able to get to this year, I'm only writing the bare minimum, as that is what my time allows. :) I noticed that when I typed this list up, the majority of the books I read this year were non-fiction. Although the kids and I did read quite a handful of lovely fiction books this year, so that counts right? I don't know if I'm remembering all of the books I read/listened to with the kids, but here's a sampling anyway:

Books read to/listened to with kids:
*Mary Poppins- P.L. Travers (Probably my favorite book read all year. SO fantastic)
*The Wizard of Oz- Frank Baum (Which inspired our Halloween Costumes this year)
*Childhoods of American Heros: Neil Armstrong (Read as a supplement to our science curriculum)
*Childhoods of American Heros: Davy Crockett (Richie read this one to them)
*Mission to the Moon- Mary Pope Osbourne (Another great Magic Tree House book, to supplement our science curriculum)
*Nearly done with "A Wrinkle in Time" by Madeleine L'Engle (Also connected to our science curriculum)


Books I read just for me:

*How to Raise A Healthy Child in Spite of your Doctor- Robert S. Mendelson
*Sense and Sensibility- Jane Austen
*Men of Valor- Robert L. Millet
*The Entitlement Trap- Richard and Linda Eyre
*Amazed by Grace- Sheri Dew
*Daring Greatly- Brene Brown
*The Gifts of Imperfect Parenting- Brene Brown
*Baby wise - Ezzo and Bucknam (Always re-read this one before a baby comes)
*Passion Driven Education- Connor Boyack
*Leadership Education- Rachel and Oliver Demille (Also a good one to re-read before the school year starts)
*Your Farm in the City- Lisa Taylor


Will there ever be enough time to read all the books I want to read? Will there ever be enough room to build enough bookshelves to hold all the books I want to own? These are the deep questions I ponder at 11:09 pm on a Wednesday night. Here's to another year of squeezing as many pages in as possible. Cheers.

1 comment:

Becca said...

That's a good list of books! Theo is reading a Wrinkle in Time right now and they used to have the movie on Netflix, but we checked a few days ago and it's gone now :(. I think it's a good idea to think about what books you read the year before and record it. I should be better about that. I think you have had a very productive year in the book reading department. Good job very busy mom!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...