Friday, August 5, 2016

The rest of July

We found an apricot tree that was loaded and the owners were willing to share. We picked tons and froze most of them, jammed some, and then made a few fresh apricot pies. HOLY YUM! It's my Grandma Crosby's recipe, one of my Dad's favorites, and a first time for me to make it. They turned out delicious. It almost made me want to go pick more apricots...almost.


The kids have desperately been wanting to do a lemonade stand. And a yard sale, and, and and. Anything that makes money. Miles specifically is motivated by money. They were both excited to do it, but when it became hard work...there was some whining. :) Thankfully people were generous and the kids came away with some serious lemonade stand money. It was a good experience.


Miles had his last soccer game of the short season. Even though the season only consisted of 4 practices and 4 games, I'm glad it's done. It's a hot time of year to be outside and pregnant. Miles LOVED the experience and has asked to do it again and again. He was not the most aggressive or skilled player, but he did awesome for a first time soccer player. He put all of his effort into the game and cheering on his teammates. His sisters were awesome supporters through the season. :)



It's the end of an era. I have had this Toyota Corolla since I was 17. It has been with me through SO much! It has been Richie's main car now for 5 years. I tell you what, this old beater has been the most reliable vehicle. It never gives us any problems and just drives. When it came time for us to think about buying a truck, we knew the perfect place for the Toyota. We couldn't sell it just anyone. I mean, it was practically part of the family. :) My niece Taysom needed a car, so we gave it to her and are glad it's in good hands. :)

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

The lemonade stand brings back fond memories for me of your lemonade stand!! Glad they stuck it out and made some good money! And your pies looked awesome!!! Wish we could be there for some of the kids soccer games, karate, etc. Glad the Toyota continues to bless the family! It looks pretty good for a beater car!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...