Tuesday, May 24, 2016

30 Rocks

Well, I hit the big 3-0 this year. I had thought in years previous that 30 would be a big deal. However, I didn't end up feeling any big emotions one way or the other. I guess that's good? I had seen a few ideas on how to celebrate by doing 30 acts of service with your kids and thought that was a great idea. However, my pregnant self just couldn't muster up the energy. The actual day of my birthday was kind of a let down. We were in the process of buying the truck, and it was having problems (again) and we had to drive it down to Lehi to a mechanics house at the last minute. We got lost and ended up driving around, frustrated and tired, for at least an hour. On the way home, I made us stop at Papa Murphey's to get some pizza. I wasn't cooking on my birthday. :)
That weekend more than made up for the lack-luster birthday. My sweet sister-in-law orchestrated a surprise birthday party for me! Richie helped by making sure she didn't go overboard and invite lots of people, because that would have just made me feel ridiculous. Instead, Makenna invited 2 of my very favorite people all the way up from St. George. Makenna and I had a great morning shopping for spices (kid free!) at Penzy's and then making a quick stop at Savers. When we pulled back into the driveway at the Garner's, I was thrilled to see my parents! They drove all the way up from SG to celebrate with me. Mom Garner had made lots of delicious food of course, and Makenna had rock painting all set up for the kids (Because 30 rocks!). It truly made me feel special- and a little spoiled.
I am incredibly lucky to have such people in my life that care enough to do these things, just to make me feel special and loved. Here's to another great decade!

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...