Tuesday, June 2, 2015

The Rest Of May

Lots of pictures on this catch-all post! Buckle Up!

*This was actually back in April, and also documented on the homeschool blog, but just because...here's a picture of the kids at Wheeler Farm. We went there for our joy school field trip in April and had so much fun! What a cool place!


*First Day it was warm enough to break out the swimming suits and run through the sprinklers! Uncle Jacob stopped by and played! It then proceeded to rain the rest of May, but it's all good.


*Our baby bunnies grew like crazy this month! They are pretty much the cutest things I've ever seen.


*Mom and Dad were up for a Hinckley Family thing, so they stopped by our place and took us out to dinner for my birthday. There are some definite benefits to turning one year older, including the rolls with cinnamon butter at Texas Roadhouse. Thanks Mom and Dad!


*Miles watched some show where they got to eat ice cream for breakfast, and then continuously brought up the idea for about a month. I kept telling him we probably wouldn't do that. Then I remembered that Mom (Garner) has a "Yonanas" machine that turns frozen bananas into a very realistic ice cream texture. So I borrowed it and one morning we had "ice cream" for breakfast with peanut butter and strawberries. They thought it was so cool.


*I'm putting this picture on here, because it's so true to life. I try and think of fun things to help the kids learn, and I work really hard to set things up thinking it will go so smoothly. Lindy has other plans. :) In this picture, I'm just trying to snap a quick picture of the kids painting their salt sight words, while holding Lindy in one arm because she's being a pill. I don't have a smart phone that makes it easy to snap a quick picture, so I'm holding our huge camera in the other hand, trying to get the focus right etc. I'm sure it'd be comical to watch.


*We went to the Payson Temple Open house. By far, one of the prettiest temples I've seen; especially the indoors. WOW! It was Memorial Day weekend, and the last weekend the open house was going on. It was crazy busy. We waited in the line for probably an hour. No small feat with 3 small kids. I still say it was worth it. I didn't think I'd get emotional because I was feeling so high strung, but we'd walk into a room and I'd start telling the kids what that room was used for, and I could never get the full sentence out without crying a bit. Having my entire family in the temple is truly sacred.



*Memorial Day! We went to the Bluffdale Cemetery's ceremony and visited Matthew's and Karl's graves. Another time I blubber like a baby! The Garner crew went hiking at Ghost Falls later in the day. I stayed home with Lindy cause the hike was happening during her naptime, and if I would have lugged her along, trust me, that would have been fun for no one. Sans Lindy, they had a great time.:)


*May Joy School field trip to the fire station! Always a good time


*End of Year Homeschool BBQ. So fun! I'm developing, what I think, will be some really lasting relationships with some pretty awesome people. I'm really looking forward to next year. We have so many improvements we'd like to make and so many plans already in the works.



WHEW! Did you make it to the end of this post??? Give yourself a pat on the back! Here comes June!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Thought I already commented on this post. Don't know where it went so I will try again. Loved our quick visit with you and kiddos! Loved the bunnies!!!!, We loved our visit to the Payson Temple as well! And.........I loved your photos........all of them in this post but especially the one of Lindy in her bonnet looking up at the camera (and you). thanks for a great post!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...