Tuesday, October 28, 2014

The end of canning season

It's official. As of October 24th, 2014, I am done canning. :) It's always a very satisfying feeling. We spent the majority of the day on Friday making applesauce (more pictures later) and I ended up with 24 quarts, so we should be set.


To celebrate, here's some random pictures I just realized I had snapped throughout the summer. I figured they were blog worthy. We're so happy to have a space to garden and to be near so many people who are willing to share their extra produce. If we don't get enough from our garden, there always seem to be people with extra garden goodness that we are the beneficiaries of!

Progression of a sunflower


3 comments:

Becca said...

Beautiful pictures and good job on the canning. I have to ask why your bottles are upside down? I canned 60 quarts of applesauce with a friend last week and I'm canning apple pie filling tomorrow and I have never put my bottles upside down before. I'm assuming you're doing that during processing? If there is a benefit to that let me know!

The Wallace Family said...

I love your pictures too! And I'm amazed and so grateful for your gardening and canning skills. It seems I should know why the jars are upside down.........but I don't.

The Wallace Family said...

HEY! That (and this) comment are from your mother, not your oldest sister! I must be logged in to her..........blogger thing, and will have to think real hard how to get out of it!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...