Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Something New

I've decided to add a new blog to my list to catalog our best efforts in homeschooling. That way I don't bog down my massive amount of readers with every little detail about our homeschooling life here. I think the blog will be somewhat boring because the main reason I wanted to do it was so that I don't forget what we've done. I know that when Lindy is ready to start doing this stuff, unless I've written it down somewhere, I'll have to start all over and reinvent the wheel. Hence the blog. I only plan on posting on a monthly basis, but if that is of interest to anyone out there, you're more than welcome to check it out.
Garnerfamilyhomeschooling.blotspot.com

You can see more pictures and get more details of our fun "Peter Rabbit" party we had the other night.



On a totally unrelated note, just wanted to give a shout out to my husband. The Ogden temple was rededicated a few weeks ago and so church was canceled so we could attend the re-dedication. Richie and I went to separate sessions so that someone would be with the kids. I went first and when I came back the kids had the coolest things to show me. Instead of just letting them watch movies the entire time, Richie read all about Mormon and Moroni with the kids, then he had them "write their testimonies" on "golden plates" (tin foil). They took them outside, dug a hole and place them inside a "stone box" (pull-ups box:) with the "Sword of Laban" and the "Liahona". They came back inside and watched the living scriptures video all about it. When I came home, they couldn't wait to take me outside and tell me all about it. Yeah, I guess you could say I won in the husband department.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Rich is awesome alright! The kids will never forget making their own "gold" plates and burying them in the "stone" box in the yard. Loved the Peter Rabbit party pics, and the fall leaves drive!

Ned Cannon said...

We love it! Good work on both blogs!
Address correction:
...schooling.blotspot.com [...blogspot.com]

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...