Monday, August 4, 2014

The Hair Cut of 2014

The other day during quiet time, Gwen asked me for some scissors to take to her room because she was building a ship with the stuff in our recycling box and needed something to cut the masking tape. "Sure!" I said. Rookie mistake. How naive of me! This is how she came out of her room.



I kept saying, "Gwen! Gwen...you.. Gwen!" Then I ran to her bedroom to find the entire floor covered with hair. Her white blonde hair, purple barbie hair, brown barbie hair. I mean, she really went to town. It was impressive. I immediately called around to see if I could get her hair fixed immediately, and thankfully a gal in our ward cuts hair in her basement salon. She let us come right over and she did the best she could, but eventually she had to chop most of it off. Gwen didn't seem to mind one bit. She felt very special getting her hair cut by an actual hair stylist. (Hopefully that's not incentive for her to cut her hair again.) Since "the cut" we have had many talks about who is allowed to cut hair, and what do we get to cut with scissors etc. I've also found that if we curl it and put a bow in front, it's actually quite cute...as long as you don't look too closely.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Oh, Gwen! She certainly didn't hold back! Adeline cut her hair 6 months ago and now I have a mound of bangs I have to deal with every time I do her hair. 3 out of my 4 kids so far have either cut their own hair or had it cut by another child. I'm sure Alec's day will come too. Great pictures!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...