Saturday, June 21, 2014

Celebrations

I was a real-life pre-school teacher for the better part of this past year. (From September to February) It almost feels like it didn't happen because I didn't ever really document it here, and because it seems like a lifetime ago that I was pregnant with Lindy, trying to keep up with all those little rascals. I can't believe it was only 3 months ago! I went back to The Winner School with the kids to show off Lindy and see my pre-school kids a little bit ago, and at the end of May I got to go watch their graduation program. It was nice to just watch and enjoy, and not have to be involved at all. They were a really cute, well-behaved class. I totally lucked out.


]

Miles "graduated" from our little joy school group at the end of May too. We kept it really low key and just watched a little slideshow of pictures from the past year that one of the moms put together. I handed out hats and diplomas, then we ate some food and played outside. In the pictures it looks like he doesn't care at all, but he's been very particular about how his diploma hangs on the fridge ever since. While watching the slideshow I was impressed with how much we crammed into such a short time. I'm excited to do it again with Gwen's age group this upcoming year! So many fun moms and kids to play with!


Richie's brother Ross is gettin' himself hitched this Summer. We have loved getting to know his fiance, Amanda. She and Ross are a perfect match! Currently they are in that all consuming phase of being in love that makes everyone else sick cause it's so sweet. ;) We threw her a shower a weekend or so ago and I think it came together great. She and Ross are both bookworms, so we went with a book theme. I should have got a picture of the invites my mom designed. They were super cute and made to look like a library book checkout slip. We decorated with old books, suitcases, bird paraphernalia (something else Amanda's in to) and flowers. She's also a big advocate of healthy eating so we had fresh yogurt and granola parfaits, homemade crackers with yummy dips, and fresh fruit. We mostly just chatted and ate, but we also tied a quilt, learned a little bit more about the two love birds, and opened presents. Gwen was extra excited to tag along to the girl party. :) Miles and Dad were at Father's and Son's campout that weekend, so we had some girl time complete with painting nails, brownies, and a just-for-girls party.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Congrats to Miles, and you, for seeing it through joy school to "graduation"!

AND the shower looked fabulous!

I always love the pictures of the kiddos, but this time they made me even more lonesome for you all than usual!

Becca said...

I love the idea of tying a quilt during a bridal shower. I'm assuming the quilt will be for them. I've never seen that done at a bridal shower before. It is always awkward to just receive gifts, but tying a quilt gives everyone something to do. The decorations were so cute too!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...