Friday, March 7, 2014

Don't forget

Life is going to drastically change here pretty soon. I remember when I went into labor with Gwen and all of a sudden, it became real. Everything we had hoped for, everything we feared... everything was happening right then and I couldn't stop it; which was liberating and terrifying. I rocked Miles an extra long time that night before putting him to bed knowing that in the morning, his life would be turned upside down, and he had no idea!! "How could we do this to him??" :) Yup, I thought that. Knowing that baby June is going to be here soon, I find myself taking more mental pictures and notes than usual, hoping I don't forget anything. I know I will forget a lot, but I hope I remember a few things for a long, long time.
Dear Rachel:

Don't forget the way your fridge drives you crazy and fill you up with so much happiness. I hate that our fridge is ALWAYS cluttered with artwork because it looks so chaotic. I also LOVE it, and love the look my kids give me when they see me proudly tack another one up. It sometimes spills over to the pantry door and then to our bedroom doors. I feel like I've waited my whole life to have my fridge look like this. It drives me crazy, and makes me so happy.


Don't forget the way Miles and Gwen have become best friends. One of my very favorite things in the world is to send the kids outside and watch them come up with something. It's even better if they do it in costume. Today they brought me an empty snail shell they found and called it a treasure. Lately there's been lots of digging in the dirt, "looking for mice." Gwen frequently brings me things she finds and tells me, "Me found a gift for you!" Like this rock.


Don't forget the times you catch your hunk-of-a-husband outside with the kids, "tackling" them to the ground, pushing them on the swing, teaching them how to prune a tree...and the prayers of complete gratitude you say in your head as you watch through the blinds.

Don't forget these cute faces! This is the last time we'll have just the 2 kids. Don't forget how your stomach moves with baby inside! Don't forget anything!! Is that possible? Can we just push pause please?

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...