Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Yo Adrienne!

This past weekend the kids and I (Richie had work) ventured to beautiful St. George to visit family, "watch" conference (as much as one can watch conference with 2 small children), and cheer on my sister as she ran the St. George Marathon for the very first time!

What can I say, she's a rock star. I'm beyond impressed. Not only did she finish, but did so in just over 4 hours and still looked fresh right after finishing. It almost makes me want to start running. Oh wait, who am I kidding, no it doesn't! No, I don't see running a marathon in my future any time, but I'm still incredibly inspired.


I love going down to SG for bunches of reasons, but probably my favorite reason is that I feel like not such a grown-up for a little while. My mommy and daddy take care of me and weight comes off my shoulders. They helped me take care of the kids, braided my hair and Gwen's, did the stomp rocket with Miles and Gwen, read them books, bathed them, and I didn't have to cook a single thing while I was there. Oh, so glorious. The day after I came back, I spent literally all day canning applesauce and pulling my hair out trying to keep the kids entertained, and I thought...forget this grown-up stuff, I'm going back to St. George where my life is on pause for half a second.

I wish I would have snapped more pictures, as usual, but my camera died early on in the trip. I did manage to snag a few of Gwen with her first french braids, courtesy of my mom as I have not yet reached that level of mommy-hood. We laughed about my butcher job on Gwen's bangs and then decided it was just retro looking. Mom pulled out a picture of her when she was a little girl, short bangs, braids and all, and I felt very validated about Gwen's cute short bangs, just like my moms. :)

3 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

We LOVED having you and the kids here! And i think the picture of Miles and Gwen painting with conference in the background is awesome, but the one of them on grandpa's lap reading is my favorite! Thanks for this post!

The Wallace Family said...

How fun to see the pic of Mom and Gwen. I am so glad that you got to be there and see Adrienne complete her first marathon.

Ben said...

Cool pics, Rach. We miss you guys. Those last two images are wild.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...