Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's Autumn Time

Felt pumpkin play! Honestly, not as big of a hit as I was hoping it would be. Isn't that always how it works? Maybe the felt monsters I made will be more exciting?


Apple dumplings and watching "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" by a roaring fire. Perfection.


I put an end to canning, voluntarily a few weeks ago. My sanity could only handle so much this season, but I think we are plenty set for next year. Seeing this picture makes me so happy...and so tired.


We missed the best of the autumn leaves up by the Draper temple this year, but we still caught a few for a cold FHE the other night.


The Garners decided to purchase a baby grand piano from some friends, so they generously donated their old piano to us, the one Richie learned to play on. We are all thrilled! We've all spent a good chunk of time on it so far. It brings a new spirit into our home, one that's been sorely missing.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Hey there! You guys are amazing:). So glad you got a piano! So glad you are having a wonderful fall and so glad you have full shelves!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Beautiful post! Loved the picture of your apple dumplings! (Grandma's recipe I presume.) Congrats on the piano, the prudent canning, the felt pumpkin and monsters, and the beauty of your surroundings. (You may have missed the leaves at their prime, but they are still quite lovely.)

Shelley said...

I love that I know such talented people. I can't believe your canning shelf. It is beautiful! I admire you Rachel! Congrats on your baby girl! I'm so excited for you. I feel like everyone I know is expecting! I love the idea of balloons to have your kids find out!

Becca said...

Nothing is better than having a piano in the house. It really makes a house a home. Your canning skillz amaze me. So great to have so much food stored up for winter.
Where are you Halloween pictures!?!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...