Saturday, May 4, 2013

Z is for Zoo


I was lucky enough to find 3 other mothers in the ward that were interested in doing a little joy school set up with our kids this past year. We wanted it to be really low key and fun for us and our kids. We've gone through the entire alphabet, and since prices for the Zoo were cheaper in April as opposed to May, we decided to go out with a bang and take the kids to the Zoo for the letter Z. And wouldn't you know it, as soon as we walked in the gates, I whipped out my camera to take the first of many pictures, and it died. Luckily another mom took pictures on her phone and shared them!
The kids were in heaven! I have rarely seen Miles so excited, it was hard to even keep him at one exhibit for more than a minute. Gwen tends to be more fearless than Miles when it comes to animals, so I knew for sure she'd love it. She got right up in the faces of any animal that was close enough, including rhinos, snakes and polar bears.



These moms and I have decided to do our own preschool this upcoming school year. I know some of them plan on putting their kids in "real" preschool as well, but I for one am excited to not have to pay for preschool and be in charge of what they'll be learning. Glad I found some moms willing to go in on this with me! We had a planning meeting last week and we've come up with some really fun things to do with our kiddos! Looking forward to it.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Thats Awesome Rach! So glad you have the skills and energy and desire! I admire you. Goodluck and have fun:)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Do you remember some of our trips to the zoo? Grandma Hinckley even went with us once.....maybe grandpa too.....I'll to look through some pictures to know for sure.

Your preschool will be THE BEST! But I don't know where the energy comes from!

*MARY* said...

Whoa, we were just there two weeks ago. You didn't happen to find a chapstick cap did you? It's okay you can keep it, I just want to know it's safe.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...