Tuesday, May 28, 2013

To make sure I don't forget

Some things I really enjoy about blogging as opposed to writing in my journal is having pictures right next to the text and also my tendency to blog significantly more often than write in my journal. I just ordered our first blog book from 2008 (hooray) as a belated Mother's Day gift and I can't wait! This is me doing our family history. Of course I want all the big milestones remembered and documented, but I know I will forget the small moments of day to day life if I don't record them too. Really, that's most of what this blog is; small stuff.
It's becoming a pattern that on Sundays, after the kids are in their church clothes, Miles requests "pretty music" and dances with Gwen. He tells me that he is the prince and baby Gwen is the princess. Maybe he just likes the attention he gets when I make a mad dash for the video camera. I love it.


Miles still naps about 50% of the time. Even if he doesn't sleep, I make him stay in his room....for my sanity. One day he was being particularly obnoxious about not napping and I kept getting after him to stay in his room. Nap time was almost finished, and I realized he'd been very quiet so I peeked my head in his room and found him like this.

I knew he was tired! He was dead to the world, just when I needed him to wake up for dinner. I poked and prodded him to get up, but not after I took some more "evolution of waking up" pictures. He has this thing with switching his entire wardrobe during nap time, so I always find him in her clothes. Also, that spiderman toy next to him is a big deal. We pay him for doing chores on Saturday and he has saved every penny for months. This past Saturday dad took him to the store to pick out a toy with Gwen. Gwen got a new baby doll and Miles got this car thing. Where does this innate love for spiderman/batman/superman etc etc etc come from? I've never really exposed him to that, but he thinks it the coolest.

Angry that I woke him up

Stop taking pictures of my mom!

Aaaand back to sleep. Can his face just always stay chubby and kissable please?

Today we went to the grocery store and then to the library. We were planning on hitting up the park next to the library after we were done picking out books and movies, but all of a sudden the clouds gathered and the burst open, complete with thunder and lightning. This was not a wimpy storm. This was the kind of summer rain where the actual rain drops are big and full and just a few of them can soak you. We ran to the car holding hands and laughing, and then caught our breath inside while we wiped off our faces and listened to the rain hit the roof. Summer rain is my favorite. When we got home, we had an impromptu picnic in the garage so that we had a front row seat to the festivities.

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

Once again Rach - you are supermom and put me to shame...but in a good way:). I love you guys!

Becca said...

I would love to see your blog book! I'm really glad I had one done, but there are some things I would like to change next time if I can. What company did you go through?

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

The picture of Miles and Gwen dancing is so cute, and that he actually requests it, tickles me. Loved your description of the soaking rain and the picnic in the garage.

Thanks for another great post!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Cute dancing =) James started like Spiderman because Skyler did, but it probably took him about 6 months longer...Could be some innate thing to be super heroes =)

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...