Friday, December 14, 2012

Move That Bus!!

We did Extreme Home Makeover- Garner Style before it got super cold around here. Garner Style meaning, we can't afford to buy nice new things, so we make do with what we've got. :) As mentioned a few months ago we put a new roof on the house. Then a few weeks ago Richie ripped off the ugly blue shutters. Next, I spray painted the address letters, outdoor lamps, door knobs etc. The most exiting part was picking a color for the front door. Ideally, I would have like do buy a new front door, but since we're doing things Garner style, I decided on a dark purple paint. Our brick and siding is tricky to match, lots of pink and yellow tints, so purple seemed like the best choice, although I never imagined having a purple front door. It finally felt finished when I primed and painted the blue trim around the garage. Now it feels like it's more ours, and not someone else's house we moved into, which is a nice feeling.




Before (Not a very good before picture, but it's the only one I could find)


After



4 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Love it!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Didn't think I would, but I DO like the purple door!

Have you thought about repeating that color somewhere else on the house or in the yard......like maybe big purple pots filled with plants, or a purple garage door or shutters, extending the color scheme a little more?

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

ALSO really like the painted hardware. Great makeover all around!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I think it looks perfect. You should help me decorate because I am lousy at picking paint colors. Way to go!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...