Thursday, December 20, 2012

Festivities

We've been celebrating all month long at the Garner home. You know, I try so hard to be on top of things so that I can enjoy the month of December and not be so frazzled. However, something always seems to pop up. Even if I complete everything on my list, I'll say to myself, "Hey, now I have time to work on ______!" or "With all this extra time, I think I'll make _______." Why do I do that to myself?
We've been doing lots of fun little things here and there with the kids. They are both really into Christmas this year, which makes it pretty fun. Miles "gets" Santa, and Gwen refers to anything that looks like Christmas as "ho! ho!"
Here's Miles' letter to Santa. We went to the post office to mail a package and they had a special mail box just for letters to Santa. Miles was so excited that we went right home and drew letters to Santa. He insisted we put it in an envelope and address it. I asked Miles where he lived and he said, "Our House". Then I asked him where Santa lives so the post men would know where to take it, and he said, "Far Away." I wish we could have kept the letter!




Here we are decorating some sugar cookies to take to neighbors. Whoever got that white candy cane with all the chocolate chips is sure lucky! :) When we went to deliver them, we let the kids take turns coming with us to the door. Miles kept saying, "I so love bring cookies to friends. I love friends." That's our tender boy.




Now I can't include the finished product here because it's a surprise to Grandma's and Grandpa's, but these are some cute pics for a project we're working on. Ooooh the suspense!



Some old friends from Rexburg were in the area recently, and stopped by for dinner! What a fun night! Miles and Gwen always love it when people their size come over. Should have gotten more pictures!!



We've really been exercising our creative muscles here and we've made ornaments out of salt dough and pine cones, painted Christmas paper Christmas trees and glued together santas and snowmen. One day I will have 2 trees. One really nice, pretty one, and the other for all the funky ornaments we make and have special memories attached to. The kids can decorate that one however they want, and I won't try to "fix it". Right now, our tree is little of both. Our bottom heavy tree cracks me up.





5 comments:

Linny said...

Christmas looks so fun at your house, i should be better at doing such fun cratfs! Next time make sure you include your real address with "our house" i'm pretty sure santa will mail you back something ;)

The Wallace Family said...

The picture of Miles right after the sugar cookies just tickles me (ooo, I sound like Mom!).

Taysom Wallace said...

Cute kids and decorations! :) I love you guys!!!
Taysom

Torgersons said...

Christmas with kids is way better. Love all your creative ideas!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

1. I'm afraid you inherited the frazzled Christmas syndrome from me.....so sorry!
2. Loved Miles's letter to Santa!
3. Love ALL your fun activities and wonderful Christmas Tree!
4. We can hardly wait to see what the Grandparents presents are, and especially glad they'll be delivered in person!!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...