Saturday, November 24, 2012

On All Matters Thanksgiving

What a different Thanksgiving we had! No traveling, no stress and no turkey! We woke up and after our morning routine, Richie took the kids over to spend the majority of the day at Grandma and Grandpa Garner's house. I had the entire house to myself and just took my time making the side dishes I was assigned. No little people tugging on my pants or needing to go potty, no dog running around, nothing! I caught up on some of my shows and channeled my inner chef as I made rolls, mashed potatoes, Dixie salad and cranberry butter. It was wonderful and sort of strange to be "celebrating" Thanksgiving by myself.

After nap time, we all headed over to have our mostly vegan Thanksgiving feast. Definitely a first! It was delicious! Although I will admit, the next day I made my favorite yam and apple casserole and 2 turkey drumsticks for Richie and I to indulge in. I guess I'm just too weak!


The kids were not interested in the food one bit, so they mostly played and watched a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving. Later we made pilgrim and Indian hats. We had time to squeeze a little wrestle time in too of course. The kids got to stay up late playing so we were all ready to go to sleep when the time came. It must have been the most relaxing Thanksgiving I can remember!




1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

We sure missed you but it sounds like you had a truly memorable and fun Thanksgiving with the Garners. How did your rolls turn out? I saw your request for a recipe on FB......so I'm just wondering. If they were easy & great.....will you share the recipe?

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...