Thursday, November 1, 2012

End of October Photo Dump

The homeschool group that Richie grew up in was hiking Timpanogos one day and invited us to tag along for the picnic afterward and enjoy the fall colors up in the mountains. We met Ian, Makenna and Ethan there and had a wonderful afternoon.





We re-roofed our house. No big deal. After getting quotes from professionals that were a little too rich for our taste, we were convinced we could do it ourselves. And by "ourselves" I mean Richie's brothers, mom, dad and Richie. I didn't nail a single nail in! Pathetic I know. I did have my hands full with the kids, and now we have some new stylin' architectural shingles on top of our house. Now I need your opinions. To make the outside of the home transformation complete, we need to repaint the door, address numbers, and trim around the garage. We're also going to get new shutters. What color for all of these things do you think would look best? Keep in mind the roof is a semi-dark grey, the brick has a lot of pink/purple hues in it, and the siding is such a creamy color, it's almost yellow. Alright...go!



One day, I went to get Miles out of his "nap" and found every single pair of Gwen's underwear around Ozzy's neck. Thankfully, Ozzy is such a good dog and didn't even seem upset. But that was the last day we let Ozzy "sleep" in Miles' room during "nap time."



Another day, I was occupied with something and realized Gwen was suspiciously quiet. (Is there any other kind of quiet?) I found her sitting in the sink in our bathroom putting eye liner all over her face. When I got after her, this was the ashamed face she pulled. Hilarious!



And then, this happened:



Oh yeah. Isn't it awesome? :) A man in our ward was getting rid of some old furniture for a friend. It was free, we don't have any furniture in our front room, so we snagged it up. It's totally 70's, semi-crazy, but I think I kind of love it. Our plan is to paint/stain all the wood furniture the same color and add lots of modern touches in the front room so that the couch and chairs seem vintage and cool, and not 70's and nasty. We're having them deep cleaned on Monday, which I'm excited for.


Scroll down to see how we celebrated Halloween this year!

5 comments:

Taysom Wallace said...

I love the furniture! :) I think it's cute! And Gwen and Miles are adorable as normal.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

So glad you have a hubby and in-laws all capable enough to reroof your home! Why didn't you post a picture of the finished roof?

Love your "new" furniture!

Becca said...

That was lucky that Gwen didn't get any of the eyeliner on her costume! That stuff is hard to get out of clothes, trust me, I know! That is so impressive that you reroofed (sp) your home. I bet you saved yourselves thousands of dollars. Good job.

The Wallace Family said...

I love the new furniture too! Very cool!!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Cool furniture - you guys will make it look even more fabulous =)
Maybe some yellow color for the door since yellow compliments purple and goes well with gray? I like the blue currently on there too....but I'm not good at this stuff.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...