Thursday, September 6, 2012

Labor Day

This blog of mine is so predictable. Sometimes I think of writing something thought provoking, or something that would let the whole blogosphere know my inner-most thoughts. But then I remind myself what this blog is for. It's for our family history, so it reads like a chronological journal. (Is there any other kind?) I don't want to be reading our blog book 50 years from now and think, "Why in the world did I write about that???" Although, I'll probably do that anyway. I guess time will tell. I'll save that stuff for my memoirs that will make me rich and famous one day, and you can have a regular ol' post about what we did over Labor Day Weekend.

We went to St. George!! Hooray! I felt like I was seeing SG with new eyes for some reason. Maybe it was because I was so homesick. Suddenly the weather was better than I remember, the scenery was more beautiful, the shopping was better, I even missed seeing bats in the early evening. Didn't even realize I found them endearing! Shocking!

I'm not going to try and match captions up with pictures, but in no particular order we stayed up late and girl-talked, had Sunday dinner with everyone, went shopping for clothes and home-decor. As a tangent, all us girls talked about how we never feel so poor as when we go shopping. Oh money. The boys took the kids to the splash park, we hiked the DIXIE rock, we had an adults date and got an actual babysitter that you pay for! (Total splurge for us), watched movies, ate good food, you know the usual stuff. The only downfalls to the entire trip were that we missed my parents who were in Iowa visiting my brother and family, and Gwen cut her hand real good on a mason jar. It was (and continues to be) pretty sad. We were so thankful it happened at Adrienne and Chris' house so that we had access to actual medical supplies (since then we've become more prepared ourselves) and a nurse. I would have had no idea what to do otherwise. It doesn't seem to be healing, so I think we'll have to take her in to get stitches either today or tomorrow. This baby girl is just super accident prone. She ALWAYS had new bruises and scrapes. The day we got home she was brushing her teeth while standing on the toilet lid, fell off and busted her bottom lip wide open. Poor thing.











3 comments:

Adrienne said...

Rach, Rich and family,

I love you guys! So glad you decided to stay with us. Thanks for doing my dishes and taking care of me while you were here. So sorry about Gwen's hand and sad about her accident while falling off the toilet lid! Hope that with stitches she will heal up fast and well. I will send your stuff with Mom and Dad when they come up north. Also forgot to talk to you about next years family trip when we talked the other day. Is it our turn to plan or is it your and Richie's turn to plan? Mom said that she talked with our other sibs and they all thought that Colorado would be a good compromise for driving. Let me know what you think. Oh, hope you got some good apples! Love you!
Adrienne

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Great first paragraph! But I'd love to hear your inner most thoughts now, as I probably won't be around for your memoirs.

So glad you had a nice time in St. George! So sad that Gwen cut her finger! Hope it, and her lip heal quickly!

See you soon!

The Wallace Family said...

What a fun weekend! I've been missing me some St. George too.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...