Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Coming back to reality is hard sometimes....ugh

We had such a fantastic get away for Thanksgiving that it was a little hard coming back. No extra people to watch the kids, no extra play mates, having to cook again etc. You know what I mean. I still can't believe I forgot my camera, but my brother snapped this great picture of Miles. Thanks Russ!

Lows of the trip
*Miles pooped his pants 3 times within 1 hour of getting to SG. That must be some sort of record right?
*Gwen decided that while she was on the trip, her wake up time would be 5 or 530.
...That's all I've got for lows. Like I said, it was a pretty great trip.

Highs of the trip

*Besides the 3 accidents mentioned above and 1 more poopy accident Sunday morning, Miles kept his pants clean and dry all week! That includes nap times and night times. AMAZING!
*Gwen was a little angel. Even more smiley than usual and she charmed everyone she came in contact with. That was nice.
*Got to help my sis with a painting project
*Got to play games with the fam, always a good time.
*Had a short but sweet visit with my Grandma and she told me about her mother, who I am named after. That was special for me.
*Miles got royally spoiled by G&G Crosby at the grand kids sleepover. They went to see a movie, went to "Anti-gravity" (like one big trampoline type place), roasted hot dogs and marshmallows, made crafts, ate goodies, had a fishing pond for prizes, etc etc etc. He was totally in heaven.
*Got to see a bunch of extended Crosby family on Thanksgiving day. This doesn't happen too often, so that was neat. Of course Thanksgiving day had all the trimmings and we had a fantastic time stuffing ourselves and letting the kids run loose.
*Got our Honolulu Grill on, as usual. So good. So fattening.
*I got to meet up with friends from high school and that was a highlight for me. Richie was sweet to always be willing to take the kids while I went and got a cupcake with the gals or went shopping. :)
*We had more time off than we're used to so we were able to break the trip up, both ways and spend some time with Richie's folks too! That was so nice.

Now that it's past Thanksgiving, it is officially ok to put up Christmas decorations and listen to Christmas music in our house. I'm a Thanksgiving nazi and I make sure it gets all the attention it deserves, but as soon as the 4th Friday of November rolls around, I'm all over getting into the Christmas spirit. I've had the Christmas tunes on all day and we've been decorating and baking since we got back. Hooray!

1 comment:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

You're right! It was a fantastic Thanksgiving! And having you here was a big part of the reason for that! We absolutely loved having another chance to get to know the children. Miles is definitely "precocious" (....advanced in development, esp. of the mind), which is a good thing! But combine that with his inclination toward mischief......and there's never a dull moment! Gwen is adorable, and SO good! I was elated that she would let me hold and love her! Rich was such a good sport to help with the kids.........ALL the kids, during our grandkids sleep over party! I hope I told him how much I appreciated it! Your Thanksgiving dips and veggie tray were spectacular....and your company...the best!

As for pictures, I'll be putting up a new post on my blog shortly.....if you see any pictures there that you would like me to send your way, just say so!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...