Thursday, November 10, 2011

5 years ago...

5 years ago Richie and I went on our second date and had our first kiss. We went to a "star show" at the observatory on campus so Richie could get extra credit for his astronomy class. It didn't last as long as we were expecting so we strolled around campus and decided we'd go rent a movie. I don't know why we ended up choosing "The Pajama Game", but I have always liked that Richie was "man enough" to watch musicals with me. We haven't watched many musicals lately, so when we decided to watch this movie again to celebrate the anniversary of our first kiss, we were having a hard time handling all the cheesy-ness. But no matter how cheesy this movie is, we agreed that "steamed heat" is still one of the best numbers out of any musical we've seen. Fosse at his finest, fo reals!! Enjoy! ( I watched it on the blog and it's at some weird angle, it kind of cuts a guy off, so if it drives you nuts, just look it up on youtube)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Ok that choreography is pretty great, I love musicals. Never seen The Pajama Game though! It's almost "White Christmas" watching season at our house, can't wait! Going to buy Holiday Inn this year too, I love Bing : )

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

I'm glad you found each other 5 plus years ago!

We enjoyed the Pajama Game clip of the Steamed Heat song and dance too! I kept imagining Rich doing that dance!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...