Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Valentine's Day



Valentine's Day fell on a Sunday this year. Since we have 1 o'clock church, I decided we would have a "fancy" breakfast, instead of a fancy dinner. Then I remembered that we had stake conference that day at 10am, and we had to rush it a bit. :) I picked out some BOX cereal for the kids (big deal), bacon (another thing that never happens around here), and I found these cute little heart pastries online. They are adorable, but were wanting in the taste department.

For a Valentine's Day surprise, the tech stuff in our church building wasn't working, and the conference wouldn't stream. We stuck it out for an hour and a half, but left 30 minutes early. Gotta love that! Because Tay babysat for us the night before, Richie and I got to attend the adult session, which was surprisingly fabulous. So we didn't feel too bad about sneaking out a tad early. Let's be real here- Stake Conference is like a 2 hour sacrament meeting. And with 3 small children it's just....hard.

Richie and I like to keep things really simple on Valentine's Day. He let me sleep in on Saturday and take a bath, while he cleaned the house and made breakfast with the kids. I framed some family pictures for his office, and let him have a nap on Sunday.
“True love is not so much a matter of romance as it is a matter of anxious concern for the well-being of one's companion.” -Gordon B. Hinckley
Couldn't have said it better!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Those heart pastries look so good! It's hard to imagine them not tasting amazing. I was expecting you to say that you cleaned out your cars for Valentines. I always think about that every Valentine's Day, probably because our cars need a desperate cleaning. But I know it's hard to do that when heart day falls on a Sunday.

I LOVE your quote at the end. That is exactly right.

October 2024

October 1! Must be time to make apple dumplings and watch the "legend of sleepy hollow"! This year, made with our own apples.   I ...