Friday, December 14, 2012

Move That Bus!!

We did Extreme Home Makeover- Garner Style before it got super cold around here. Garner Style meaning, we can't afford to buy nice new things, so we make do with what we've got. :) As mentioned a few months ago we put a new roof on the house. Then a few weeks ago Richie ripped off the ugly blue shutters. Next, I spray painted the address letters, outdoor lamps, door knobs etc. The most exiting part was picking a color for the front door. Ideally, I would have like do buy a new front door, but since we're doing things Garner style, I decided on a dark purple paint. Our brick and siding is tricky to match, lots of pink and yellow tints, so purple seemed like the best choice, although I never imagined having a purple front door. It finally felt finished when I primed and painted the blue trim around the garage. Now it feels like it's more ours, and not someone else's house we moved into, which is a nice feeling.




Before (Not a very good before picture, but it's the only one I could find)


After



4 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

Love it!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Didn't think I would, but I DO like the purple door!

Have you thought about repeating that color somewhere else on the house or in the yard......like maybe big purple pots filled with plants, or a purple garage door or shutters, extending the color scheme a little more?

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

ALSO really like the painted hardware. Great makeover all around!

One Opinionated Housewife said...

I think it looks perfect. You should help me decorate because I am lousy at picking paint colors. Way to go!

Silverwood Trip

We feel like life is speeding by at lightning speed. We can't believe we are coming up on Miles's senior year! We felt like we neede...