Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our latest DI finds!

We saw this at the DI and couldn't pass it up, even if it's way too big on him now.

I saw this, and against Richie's wishes, had to buy it. I thought it was the cutest little table. Still in great shape and right now works perfectly in our entry-way. Later on, I plan to make it into a kids coloring table. I really want to paint it, but I can't decide on a color


These are just some projects that I've been working on. They're basically finished and I'm glad to have them now!
Miles' scrapbook of his first year! No, I do not plan to make scrapbooks for his entire life. But I wanted him to have at least one that I made.

For Valentine's day, I made Richie our family's history thus far. I started from right before we met and it's caught up till now. I divided it into chapters and at the end of each chapter, I just chose a few meaningful pictures to showcase that chapter. I think it will be a great keepsake for Richie and I, even if no one else reads it.

5 comments:

The Pingel Family said...

You are the most creative person I know! I love love love that family history book idea. I wrote down the story of how Ben and I met and our dating days, but it's still sitting on our computer. I love that you have added pictures and really made it meaningful. Way to go!

Makenna said...

sigh, I wish I was as gung-ho about scrapbooking as you are Rach! And you do such a cute job! That Family History book is a great idea, that way you can record things you remember now, instead of later when your memory may fail you. And are you a X-man fan? Miles looks like a little man in it. :) miss you guys.

Wii are the Nelsons said...

cute scrapbook and family history book - definitely keepsakes you'll treasure
that table is great too - awesome potential to be a coloring table

Beads Bee Boutique said...

I love you Rach!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

It's fun for me to see what your friends write to you Rach! Ditto to Ryan and Angie!

I know nothing about X-Men, so I can't be too excited about the shirt. But the table.........that's kind of cool! You might consider stripping it of paint and staining it instead. But I guess if it's going to be a kids' project table, paint might be more practical. In that case you could paint it several different colors, kind of like the chair I did in Adrienne's room.

Love, mom

Silverwood Trip

We feel like life is speeding by at lightning speed. We can't believe we are coming up on Miles's senior year! We felt like we neede...