Tuesday, May 5, 2020

2nd half of April

School stuff: Abstract chalk art that everyone's been doing. :) Tears over math. Reading "The Secret Garden" while playing Legos.


We weren't planning on doing ANY planting this year, what with preparing to move. But our home hasn't sold quickly like we thought it would. So we planted things in the garden and made it look all pretty. Most of it was peas, just what we had on hand, cause I wasn't going to the store for more seeds when we weren't going to reap the rewards! Then they suggested flowers in the front. So we did that. And then I wanted to use up as many of the veggie seeds we had in storage before we moved. I figured the kids and I could plant them, see what grew, and maybe sell some starts. ??? We'll see. The process is what's fun about all of these things. Getting dirty. Doing something productive. Even if we may not see and benefit from the end result.


Church at home. Parts of it are great. Parts of it...aren't. :)



Every time we have a showing and have to get out of the house, it's an adventure. Sometimes we head to Mom and Dad Garner's home, or eating pizza in the car. We've also gone on new hikes we've never done before and found new picnic places. Richie is the best at finding new places! While it can be a pain in the butt, it's also been extremely fun.




Aunt Makenna took the older 3 for another sleep over. She's the best. Richie I think had a window washing job on Saturday, so I had a lot of one-on-one time with just the two little boys. It's always nice when that happens. We went on walks, and had a picnic in the tent, etc. All simple pleasures. Benson it fairly easy to please and such a happy, happy boy.


Miles loved our easter basket hunt with clues so much, that he made cookies by himself one Sunday, and then bagged them up into individual portions for everyone in the family and then created a hunt for us with clues and a string maze. :) Love that boy.


My happy place


Fun Fact about Benson. He NEVER sleeps in his own bed. This is where you can find him every night, with ALL the pillows from Mom and Dad's bed and his.


Gwen's first time running away was a result of another frustrating math lesson. (All of the kids are pretty "over" school by this point. Math has always been pretty easy for her, and now it's starting to get a little difficult and that's frustrating.) She tried to sneakily pack her backpack and walk out the front door. I could sense what she was up to, so when she was quietly walking out the front door I asked where she was going. She said, "Just outside for a bit". I said, "You aren't planning on running away are you?" And then she was frustrated that I had guessed her plan, told me she left a note on my bed, and then slammed the door. Miles and Lindy were both quite scared. I told them everything would be ok, but they could say a prayer if they liked. I checked my watch to see how long she would last. She didn't let me worry for very long. She came back about 15 minutes later and said she would run away later when her paint by numbers kit came in the mail, so that she would have something to do while she was away. :) Growing up is hard.


We made a giant chutes and ladders game on the patio, complete with a giant dice Gwen made. I'm running out of ways to "spice things up" around here. I pulled this one from the recesses of my mind and it kept them busy for an hour or so, with some fighting...so I'll call it a win?


The state is slowly opening up. This means some people aren't as scared to have playdates. :) The girls have been spending every available minute playing with the Holbrook kids outside, (no inside playdates yet with all the kids- though I wouldn't care about that either), and Miles finally got to sneak away to his buddy Parker's house to hang out. It's been a long time! He came back pretty happy. :)

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...