Thursday, August 16, 2018

Everyday stuff it the first half of August

I asked the kids what they wanted to do most before we started school, and the big one was more play dates with friends. So we really tried to pack a bunch in!





I was so happy Richie was able to be in the play, "Swing!" that the Bluffdale arts put on this summer. He rarely has a creative outlet, or something that he gets to do just for himself. Originally the plan was that he was going to choreograph a couple numbers, then they asked him to dance in a few, then they asked him to sing a few solos. He ended up being one of the main players. :) He had so much fun using those talents that sometimes get brushed aside. I took Miles and Gwen to see it on Thursday, then Friday and Saturday, we had a mini, swing reunion. He reached out to some of our old swing friends and a good number of them came from out of town to see him perform and then to have a get together that weekend. Peter and Breanne + their kids stayed with us, and then we all got together Saturday mornings at the park to dance, talk and let our kids play. It was a really fun weekend. (Our friend Alecia took some really fun photos from the play, so I apologize, there's a bunch of pictures!)



One day when we Gwen and Miles both had friends over, and the house became terribly noisy, I was working on getting things ready for school and it started pouring outside! There's nothing better than a summer rain, is there? Lindy came up to me and asked if I wanted to go outside in the rain. I was so happy I said yes. Sometimes I have a hard time letting go of being the adult and in control etc. We went out and watched the rain come down, sitting on the front step. Then I watched her wander around the front yard with our broken umbrella, and then she picked me all the red tomatoes. I tried to get the other kids to join us outside because Summer storms are rare, but they were busy. It was such a fun moment with my Lindy, who is growing up far too quickly.



No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...