Sunday, February 25, 2018

Valentine's Day

I love almost everything about Valentine's Day. I really love making all the little Valentine's with the kids. All the puns, all the glitter and love :) Makes me happy.


We planned on celebrating the day after Valentine's Day because it was on a Wednesday and those are Richie's long days at work. But I couldn't resist buying a heart pizza on the official Feb. 14th. :)


On the 15th the kids woke up to heart- attacked doors, new outfits (that I got some killer clearance deals on), and heart pastries! Miles also bagged a new bow-tie, and the girls each got a fancy necklace (courtesy of my sister Adrienne-hence the turtle pendants!)


We headed to our home school group to exchange valentines. I had been seeing a lot of complaining and debating on Facebook about making Valentine's boxes for public schooled kids to exchange their treats in. I inwardly gloated thinking, "That's one less thing I have to do because we homeschool!" but come the morning before the exchange, I couldn't help it any longer. I grabbed some boxes downstairs, wrapped them in brown paper, and pulled out some things for the kids to decorate them with. Which they did so in about 20 minutes, and were very proud of. Yes, making the Valentine's boxes can be a lot of work and one extra thing you have to do, but I always loved doing it in elementary school. It probably has something to do with the fact that my mom is ultra-creative and I always had THE BEST boxes... So I felt obliged to carry on the tradition (kind of) at least this year.


That night I "snuck out" to clean Richie's truck, as per tradition, complete with new floor mats. Oooh-la-la, so romantic yes? We had our annual fancy dinner. Pear salad, cauliflower Alfredo, breadsticks, and chocolate for dipping later on. :)


Maybe this annual outpouring of love will make up for all the times I yell and lose my temper. ???

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...