Sunday, November 5, 2017

Halloween

The kids talk about what they want to be for Halloween pretty much all year. They bounce from one idea to another constantly. So when it got closer to needing to decide, I did my best to persuade them to all choose the same theme again. (Not sure how much longer I'll be able to get away with that!) I started reading "Peter Pan" to them, and they all came around to the idea of dressing up as those characters. Miles was Peter Pan, Gwen was Wendey, Lindy was Tinkerbell (She loved that in the book, Tinkerbell called people "Nincompoop!"), and Benson was Smee. As a bonus, this year I didn't have to make any of their costumes, and hardly bought anything! I love borrowing costumes!
The kids came home with plenty of candy, so the ward party and trick or treating were successes. I stayed home to pass out candy, but it was so fun to watch them bolt off down the road, with Lindy moving her little legs as quickly as she could to catch up. She really had to work for her candy!

No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...