Thursday, July 6, 2017

2nd half of June

A bowl full of partly eaten apple slices, and a full dustpan after 1 meal....signs of this stage of life.


New kit of baby bunnies! Just when the kids start thinking that taking care of the rabbits is too much, we have a new kit and they fall in love all over again.


We invited a bunch of neighbors over to our cul-de-sac to play kickball and pie face. It was a fun evening.


Kids bowl "free" at the bowling lanes here in Riverton. And free is in quotations because apparently free still means paying nearly 12 dollars for shoe rentals. I felt bad because I got a bunch of people in the neighborhood to come with us because I figured shoe rentals were only a buck or so. It was a really fun outing....till the kids realized there was an arcade there and I said no to playing any of the games.


Checked out another library! This time in South Jordan. It was instantly cooler than ours because they have ipads for the kids to play on.


Gwen made this paper version of her Dad for Father's Day. And this is a poem she wrote to give to her swimming teacher. It says, "Cake, Lake. Go swimming in a Cake. Dip your finger in. What a cake. What a Lake. Mmmmmmmm" I loved it so much, I was a little sad she wanted to give it to her swimming teacher.


Swimming lessons are in full swing! I felt lucky the same girls were teaching at the same pool this year. It's such a good set up, the kids learn so much, and it's a great price. Lindy even gets to get in on the action this year and is LOVING it! Last year, I was miserably pregnant, waiting out the lessons in the heat with Lindy. This year, I'm not pregnant, which is really nice. However, keeping Benson entertained for 2 hours in the heat is proving to be a bit of a challenge.


I don't know how my phone got switched to taking black and white pictures, but I couldn't figure out how to switch it. So here's some "artsy" pictures of the kids taking wagon rides, making watermelon/mint/lime "lemonade", and "painting" hot rocks with crayons. All in all, a fun, at-home day.



We spent a morning at Riverton park, and made a point to check out all of the play structures they have there. (About 3-4 separate park areas in one park!) On our way to one, the kids discovered the skate park. It was mostly younger kids riding around, so I guess Miles and Gwen felt comfortable enough to join in. Although they were very, very cautious. And I was ok with that. :)



Our first dozen!!! Wahoooooo!!!


Benson is officially crawling. Uh-oh! I know I should be grateful that he's waited 9 months to really start moving, but man, it's been bliss to not have to really keep an eye on him. Now it's back to that stage of needing to vacuum and sweep all the time, constantly watching to make sure he doesn't put bad stuff in his mouth, baby gates to block the stairs, constant messes from the things he pulls off shelves etc. Here we go again!



It should also be noted here that the kids and Richie had an awesome weekend with the Garner clan at a cabin up in Eden. I came down with a wicked cold of some sort and haven't felt that miserable in a long time. I stayed home with Benson, since he's still nursing and we survived the weekend. Survived being the key word. I was so happy to have my partner in crime back. He let me sit in the tub and watch Netflix FOREVER. They had an awesome time at the cabin, but because Richie went, and not me...there are no pictures to prove it happened. So you'll just have to believe me. :)


No comments:

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...