Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Mid-November

Lindy's funny face
Miles had this hilarious face he would pull when he was about this same age. I was so happy when Lindy started pulling a similar funny face. It only lasted for a few weeks, but man, we loved it.


dinosaur museum
Gwen's joy school went to the dinosaur museum this month for our field trip. Always a treat. Gwen insisted on wearing this dinosaur hat the entire time.


Cement truck
When we got home from the dinosaur museum, a truck was pouring cement at the house down the street from us; so obviously we went and watched. Cheap entertainment folks.



Girl's weekend
One of my best friends is gettin' herself hitched this weekend. I'm so excited for Jenna and Andrew! Instead of throwing her a shower, my friend Sam and I decided on a weekend girl's trip instead. I left the kids with my amazing husband, and the 3 of us headed up to Park City. We stayed in a beautiful hotel, went out to eat, and stayed up ridiculously late talking about everything. It was perfection. I miss that weekend. I pine for it. *sigh* Sam and Jenna and I have been great friends starting in middle school. Even though we are not exactly the same people we were then (thankfully, right?) and our relationships have ebbed and flowed over the years, we always pick up right where we left off. It's so refreshing to be with people who have known me for as long as Mrs. Rominger's Algebra class and the tire through my windshield that one day. :)


Broken Arm
Richie is still cringing every time he sees Miles. He tossed him on the couch the other night right before bed, Miles landed funny, and it resulted in a fractured humerus. He feels so badly about it. We just had our follow up appointment today and it looks like everything is healing quite nicely. The fracture is too high up to cast, so he has to wear this sling for a couple more weeks. Miles is handling it like a champ. Super brave. If he was ever going to break a bone, he did it at a perfect time. We just finished learning about our bones in homeschool, and we went out with a bang I guess! X-rays and the whole shebang.


mustache
In honor of "No Shave November" Richie told his classes that we would grow out his mustache as long as they read their scriptures every day. However if the class fell below a certain percentage, he would shave and they would have to start over. This resulted in a couple of ok mustaches, but not really one full one. Ha! I think he looks good no matter what, but I'll admit I'm glad it's gone. :) Super prickly. The kids thought so too. :)



weight loss
I joined an online weight loss competition to help motivate myself to lose the baby weight. It worked last time, I figured it would go over well this time. I did lose some weight, but not near enough. For some reason, losing the baby weight has been extremely challenging this time around. I'll keep on keepin on, but until then I thought I'd include at least one picture of me here. I was looking through our pictures yesterday and realized, again, how there are hardly any pictures of me. Most of the time, I'm just fine with that. However, I'd like there to be some evidence for my kids that I existed, baby-weight and all.

5 comments:

Becca said...

LOVE your family pictures! They are so beautiful and perfect, which is a miracle when you have 3 kids 5 and under! I think you are so beautiful, Rachel and I love that last picture of you and the cutest baby ever!!
Miles will be back to normal in no time. I'm glad you took advantage of the broken bone to teach him some more about bones. haha

Brian and Stacy said...

This is such a fun post. I love the everyday. I have to tell you that my little brother broke his arm on the couch too. Isn't it strange...something that we pick out purely for comfort is the cause of broken bones? :) We were playing that "game" where you sit on someones feet and the shoot you off. Little bro hit the edge of the cushy couch and bang! Broken. Hopefully Richie doesn't take it too hard. Jason felt terrible about it for a long time. Sometimes we still tease him about it and you can tell they never really recovered from it. Maybe it's that we should be complaining that the couches don't have anti-bone-breaking qualities. That's it! We should all be complaining to couch makers. It's all their fault. :) Long post over.

....Well, almost. I think you look amazing. Baby number 3 is a beast to recover from I think. I went a little nutso about the weight loss thing after Hailey was born. I joined weight watchers again after only 7 weeks (something I regret now) and started exercising every day at that point. Also too soon. When I did crunches I could feel that my abs were still where my obliques should be. Very strange. It was too soon. Even so, it would take me 4-6 weeks to lose ONE pound. Nursing, man! I get so hungry. Anyway, point being. It's a VERY slow process. You look good! As I was going through your family pictures, I thought, "Man! Rachel for one has KILLER hair!" Seriously, Killer. It's gorgeous. And, "She looks so good! Very slim." I promise that I thought those two things before you ever posted that you've had a hard time losing it. Keep doing what you're doing because it's working and you look great. :)

Now It's over. Promise. :)

Tanners said...

I'm experiencing similar things with the whole, baby weight thing. So hard this time! Let me know if you find something that works. Right now I'm doing If it fits your macros. And just researched Vitamin D and Magnesium deficiencies, so I'm going to start adding those. I'll let you know if I have any success.

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Loved Lindy's "funny face". Glad Miles is healing nicely! Also glad that you had some special girl time with Sam and Jenna.Kinda glad Richie's mustache was sparse, but he's handsome with or without. Surely do love you!!!

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

AND, by the way, I think YOU look great!

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...