Friday, January 31, 2014

Lately

I've been reluctant to blog because that meant uploading pictures from our new camera, and that meant risking losing pictures like last time. Turns out, it's not too hard. I should have been blogging sooner!

On Saturdays, Richie works in the morning at his side job. We do our house cleaning on Saturday morning, so the kids have been my helpers while dad is at work. When they have finished their chores and I've handed out the money, they occupy themselves while I finish (or start) the cleaning. :) Dress up is big at our house lately. I don't know what they are pretending to be, but it involved a couch cushion fort. I love the way Gwen is looking at her brother with such admiration. They are best friends and that makes my heart happy.



We spend A LOT of time on this run down couch reading books. It's some of my favorite time spent with the kids. We got a large compilation of Beatrix Potter stories for Christmas (Peter Rabbit) and we've slowly been working our way through the book. I don't know who loves it more, me or the kids.


My mom came up a bit ago to take an art class here in SLC. Although she was busy with class and mission preparations, we got to see her at nights and sometimes during the days. It was fantastic! While she was here she present the kids with trophies for working so hard on keeping their pants dry during the day/night. They are really proud of those trophies! Thanks Grandma! She also helped me in a major way with a major project; recovering our kitchen chairs! I have yet to take pictures of the finished product, so I'll save those for another post.


34 weeks Ya'll! I'm 35 weeks now, but this was taken last week. Baby seems to be doing great. I can tell it's getting harder for her to move around in there, so hopefully that means she's fattening up and comes out with some cute chubby cheeks to kiss on! Generally I feel pretty good, just really big. :)

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Your camera takes good pics! Love them all, the kids are precious!, but I especially the one of you at 35 weeks! You look good! I kind of wish the little one would come early........you'd feel better, and we might have a little more time with her before we leave.

The Wallace Family said...

I love the picture of you too, Rachel! You are a beautiful pregnant woman.

I miss you guys!!! How did Miles Spiderman party?

Please give the kids a hug from their Missouri relatives.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...