Monday, October 8, 2012

Family Pictures 2012 Part 1

We were really lucky the past couple of years to have a ward friend take our family pictures for ridiculously cheap. (Hi Kelly!) I was bummed that being here in Utah, I didn't know anyone that would be as good, or as reasonably priced. Luckily we found a gal in our ward who is very talented and is also very low priced. Thank goodness! It seems like in ID, we'd have pretty fall colors for a week, and then it would snow, or get so cold, all the leaves would fall off. I'm loving this Northern Utah Fall and all the leaf eye candy. I've always wanted to have family pictures with all the beautiful leaves. We attempted it last year around this time, but like I said, the leaves were pretty much non-existent. So this year, I knew I had to get them done quickly! I thought the hiking paths up by the Draper temple that I've blogged about before were perfect for the occasion.
I'm posting ALL of the pictures, so be prepared for lots! Knowing our kids' personalities and ages, we know it's impossible to do lots of posing and holding still. So I've been trying to bring along a prop or activity that will allow the photographer to get lots of candid shots. Right now, our kids love reading and blowing bubbles, so Janelle (our photographer) let me incorporate those ideas into the shoot.
























*There are more pictures but I can't get them to load at the moment. I'll post them later.


6 comments:

McKenna said...

She did a fabulous job on the pics! Okay, so were are these awesome paths behind the temple? It is such a beautiful spot! Your family is just darling. I was thinking, since you now live pretty close maybe we could get the kids together to play. Poor Darci get lonely with no siblings :(

The Wallace Family said...

GORGEOUS!!! Picture perfect :)

Adrienne said...

The pictures are amazing as is the family. Thanks for sharing them Rach! Also wanted to thank you for your card. Love you all!

Becca said...

Beautiful and Gwen's outfit is darling. I think it is amazing how you seem to get professional family pictures like every 6 months. At this point I'm lucky if I get some every other year. You rock, Rach!

Rachel said...

McKenna- yes they were behind the temple. The leaves are still gorgeous if you want to take pictures there! Where do you live Mckenna? We'd love to get together! ANd Becca, no we don't get pics every 6 months. That'd be nice, but we're not that on top of it! We haven't gotten pro family pics since last October. :)

Grandma and Grandpa Crosby said...

Love the pictures! I've already pulled a few off for the family calendar.

September 2022

Benson turns 6! He requested a chocolate and strawberry cake where candy spills out of it. :) We went swimming at the rec center, Gwen made ...